Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Scottish Bike Ninja
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Top_ring: Nicely done...The old style Marin Quake I've owed this one since it was new in '96 (although it's seen a powder coating and a few upgrades since then)

I was hoping maybe someone knew somethign about where this frame came from in the Marin lineup...it's too different to not have some kind of a story behind it. And, of course, I can't find ANYTHING about this bike ever existing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeap - unique frame you've got there. Yours is only the second one I've seen. I believe it was designed by the Mountain Cycle folks before they started up their own MOHO line.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
http://web.archive.org/web/19961110015134/www.marinbikes.com/product/comp/mono.html

Monococque

Deep Drawn USA Made Aluminum Monocoque Main Frame,

Custom Gauge Seat Tube & Stays,

Replaceable Dropouts

Answer/Manitou Mach 5 XC Comp

Grip Shift 600

DiaCompe PC-7N

Marin Lite

Composite w/Alloy Cage

Shimano STX

Shimano

Shimano STX

Shimano STX RC

Shimano 11-28 7 spd

Shimano STX-RC Sealed QR

Shimano STX-RC Sealed QR

Marin Lite Comp 350mm

Marin Lite QR Polished/Collar

Ritchey Vector Satin Rails

Marin Lite Threadless Stem 6° Rise

Marin Lite 6061 Alloy

Mavic 238 32°

15 Gauge Stainless

Marin Quake Grey - 2.1

Shimano Cartridge, Sealed

Dia-Tech Threadless, 1 1/8"

Marin Lite Rubber w/Logo

Toe Clips & Straps Marin Lite One Piece Cold Forged Bar Ends

High Polish

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
I recall there was something very interenational about that frame. Either way the front half was deep drawn in the US and welded up to a complete frame in Taiwan, or vise versa. Anyway; it was made in two steps involving two different countries. I recall thinking back than about how 'costly' that would make it. I liked Marin's back than, but couldn't give myself to these 'outside-the-box'-designs. Seeing it back now is kinda cool though, in a way it really is a classical machine.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
There was another brand frame like that... i'm too busy this afternoon to dig thru MBA's but CBO cleared out a lot of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.