Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
wheeliedave said:
I'm getting a custom Veritas 29 inch frame and need a cool name for it. Any ideas?
i say, in old irish script you put veritas on one side and Aequitas on the other
other wise here's a cool veritas design for your seat tube

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Hmmm

wheeliedave said:
I'm getting a custom Veritas 29 inch frame and need a cool name for it. Any ideas?
without seeing it all we have to work with is the name. Veritas means "truth", which is already taken, of course. Being a 29er, it is big. Poke around for synonyms for "truth" and you get some interesting things, see:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=truth

If you think about it, a 29er is taller, above, etc. Maybe you can come up with something that combines both, like "big truth" but more clever and original.

·
Registered
804 Posts
shiggy said:
And we at least have to see it.

For now I suggest "Veritas"
Shiggy, the smartass factor has been off the charts from you lately. Let's tone it down a little, OK? My girlfriend is constantly wondering why I'm laughing at the computer all the time.

·
kung food
250 Posts
double the geek factor: "alethes" [ah-lay-thays] english transliteration of the ancient greek for "veritas".

·
559 Posts
Do most of you name your bikes?
Damn, my daughters are lucky they got names. Fortunately they take care of naming the animals.

·
Registered
543 Posts
How about......

wheeliedave said:
"I was too stupid to name My own bike so I let some dumbarse name it for Me!" :D

Actually I name My bikes after My wife, My other favorite thing I enjoy having between My legs! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts