Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say drop in at Spyglass (where we are) or go to the 360 entrance (30.243295, -97.800857). Don't go to the Mopac entrance as cars routinely get broken into there.

Without a guide, I'd suggest you stick to the main trail (always near the creek) and you can head south/west towards the hill of life.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm no photographer, but when I could put my eyes back in my head long enough to remember to take out my camera, these caught my eye. Holy crap, what a show.

And here's me and the crew on our way down to NAHBS on our collection of Cook Bros, KOS cruisers, and various Firemans Texas Cruzers. Old school represent!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
bgblue1978 said:
$22 to walk around and look at bikes. there were a lot of cool bikes there but i wouldnt spend that kind of money again.
I dunno, I thought it was a bargain. Where else can you meet and personally talk with literally hundreds of the most innovative craftsmen in the industry? I spent some time at the Reynolds booth and got a real education in tubing, got to actually ride a few bikes I would never otherwise even see, picked up some literature and stickers, and met some really cool people who have an incredible passion for bikes. Andy Hampsten was there, as was Gary Fisher. I talked to the Italians from Tommasini, the Columbus tubing guys, Ted Wojcik*, Mike Flannigan, Bilenky, Nick Crumpton, etc., etc. We made a day of it and had a blast.

$22 barely gets you into a movie with popcorn and a coke anymore. This was far better.

*EDIT: Didn't see Wojcik - I got him confused with Bilenky while typing. Must be the damn beards. My apologies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.