Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else going to the North American Handmade Bicycle Show this weekend (March 14-16) in Charlotte, NC? I took a quick glance through the NAHBS site and noticed Quiring was toting along some fat bikes to the show. I wonder who else will have sweet, fat rubber in their booths?

Wife and I are doing the 6-hour drive down from DC to check out the eye candy. Bikes will be in the back of the car to sample some tasty singletrack as well.

If'n you're going, take pics and post 'em here, along with any commentary. Say hi (if you recognize me), and I'll do likewise. We're aiming to be at the show on Friday and Saturday.

Cheers,
rickyd

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
If you can hit Lake Norman State Park. They have 31 miles of single track. The 10 mile Laurel Loop is my favorite. Very challenging (for me anyway), some very fast sections and some very big hills. I have done it on my fatty and my 29er. I was faster on the 29er but I had more fun on my fatty. All the trails there are great!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Those Quiring fatties are probably the most dialed in of any at the show. He has been riding fat for awhile now and nothing quite like riding, and riding at a high level like he does, and being able to translate that in to a bike built to that same high level. Respect.

·
Anchorage, AK
658 Posts
Thanks for posting them pix Drevil. Excited to see all the coverage of the event popping up on the interwebs throughout the weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts