Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i just started riding my 2001 diamondback sorrento, and i know its a really sorry bike. i was hoping i could ride something better, that would make climbing hills slightly easier, because thats mainly what i do, besides riding trails.

problem is, im stretched tightly on budget. my friend offered me his old GF tassajara recently for $300 with a new marzocchi fork. im pretty sure its a 2000 bike because i did some research online and the photos match.

it looks exactly the same as http://s88954922.onlinehome.us/tass.bmp that bike except its red.

only thing im worried about is the age of it. if it were, in fact a 2000 model would it be a large inconvenience? or would it be okay? are there any other bikes (used or new) that i should look at for $400 and under? preferably less.thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Too much $ for that

A brand new Tass is about $600. $300 for your friend's 4-year-old one is too much. Maybe pay $250 if you know he hasn't abused it (even keeping it stored outside is "abuse") <b>and</b> he has a shop do a complete tune-up to make sure it's truly ready-to-go. eBay shows completed sales of newer (2003) Tass's for $300-$400.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts