Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have run Big Bettys, Minions and Ardents. Big Bettys were ok and Ardent rear was pretty decent. I now run a 2.7 Minion DHFront and 2.5 DHRear 2 and really like it. The DHR 2 works alot better than I thought. N* is usually blown out pretty good early in the season so plan accordingly ;). Keep an eye out as I got both the DHF and DHR 3c for $40 at Jenson last season around this time.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
I ran a 2.7" Telenox front with 2.5" Nexcavator rear last year, and for N* really blown out conditions they were great, lots of grip. But Gemini's right, they both are not great rolling.

·
Premium Member
8,302 Posts
I spoke with a couple of people last year running Muddy Mary's that felt they were a definite upgrade from Minion DHFs. I am tempted to try the new Magic Mary's, but have concerns about how fast they wear (I tore up a set of Hans Dampfs on my trail bike pretty fast last year). I am leaning towards getting DHF's again or possibly trying the Michelin Wild Rock'r Descent 2.5, but reviews of them are few and far between.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.