Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to Ellijay, GA next week to ride for 4 days w/ some buds. Right now the forecast calls for 30% chance of thunder storms most of the days we're going to be there (Wed-Sat). What would that mean up there in terms of how much rain to expect? Here in FL that would mean there's a chance it will rain in the afternoon.

Also, how are the trails up there right now. Did they get too much rain in the past few weeks or are they drying out? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, in North Georgia that pretty much means that there will be small pockets of thunderstorms that will absolutely hammer you if they hit you, but leave you sitting pretty if they don't. It's like Russian roulette, really.

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
Sasquatch pretty much hit it on the head. Bring a rain jacket on every ride and you will not regret it. Also keep in mind when looking at the weather reports that when it says it's going to be 70* in East Ellijay, it may be 50* at the top of which ever mountain you are on. All the towns you can check the weather reports for are in the lowlands and will usually be warmer than on the trail/mountain.

Most of the trails are in great shape. I just spent the last two weekends riding up there. The only exceptions I know of are: The lower half of the Mountaintown Trail is impassable due to mud and down trees & the Milma ATV trail is a serious pain to traverse due to downed trees.

Stop by Cartecay Bicycles in Ellijay for trail updates and supplies.

Eddie O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.