Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
breathe dirt
16 Posts
I'm really glad this thread was started.:thumbsup: Maybe we can keep updating it frequently for a while to protect our "jewel to the east". I rode the n. foothills several times last week and conditions change daily with our recent weather. Yesterday, (Sat), afternoon n. facing trails were indeed muddy but on the lower trails, this was not a problem as you could easily ride around puddles without further "blow out" of the trail. Most people are choosing good lines but I did see several big skid gouges yesterday. The higher trails past the Pino trailhead are not good right now; lots of mud, slush and snow. Bear Canyon remains dry.
I hope others will update this week as more weather approaches.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Sunday was nice. Other than the Sports Outdoor a$$holes who don't share the trails.

Not many puddles, but I think the ground was still frozen.

·
wannabee
1,134 Posts
I imagine they are still sloppy. I JUST got back from the south side and it's pretty messy there. I rode the trail up to the base of the tram from Tramway yesterday and it's sloppy as well. GBB.:madman:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand that the South Foothills are ride-able...but has anyone checked out the North? Just wondering if the North Foothill trails are drying out any...or if they need to be avoided

·
Registered
689 Posts
Crankarm said:
I understand that the South Foothills are ride-able...but has anyone checked out the North? Just wondering if the North Foothill trails are drying out any...or if they need to be avoided
The south was rideable up until Sunday, but I doubt they are since then. The north, no doubt, just got more unrideable as of the recent weather. Still, I'm also interested to hear from others how the foothills trails are shaping up as the weather warms this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think ridable and unrideable depend on your motivation and how much cleaning of bike and cleats you are willing to do. Saturday I tried to ride in Placitas with a bike dirty from a snow ride on the day after xmas and I bailed out early cause I was hungover and I wanted to take a nap instead. It wasn't really that bad but I had just got all of the mud off my bike and cleats and felt too lazy to clean it all over again.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
toosday

Garson said:
The south was rideable up until Sunday, but I doubt they are since then. The north, no doubt, just got more unrideable as of the recent weather. Still, I'm also interested to hear from others how the foothills trails are shaping up as the weather warms this week.

Went out to the south foothills on Tuesday with RCC. Everything was either dry or frozen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.