Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, how many bikes do you have? What is your annual income, how many times do you get laid per week, and what is the best chain lube?

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
12,295 Posts
At my worst I had 12.
Bikes... not girlfriends.
Now I‘m down to 5**.
And 2 of those are for sale.
BUT... another is on the way.
Problem? I don’t see a problem.
If I was paid to experiment with different bikes, I’d be called a professional.
I’m not, so I’m an amateur.
This fact in no way reduces my enthusiasm for bikes.
=sParty

**This includes a road bike, which is simply a necessary evil (not Evil) for any self-respecting cyclist.

Also includes an ebike, which some don’t consider a bike at all, so maybe I’m down to 4?

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are currently 7 bikes in my garage...
  • Primary road rocket
  • SS 26er MTB
  • Former primary road rocket, now lives on my trainer/Zwift rig
  • Retro road rocket (1977 Nishiki ONP, originally belonged to my father)
  • A friend's old road bike that I'm rebuilding, and will be donated.
  • Daughter's road bike (she has ridden it only twice, and the parts may get stripped for an upcoming project - see below)
  • Daughter's MTB (way too small for her, but she doesn't ride it anymore)

Incoming +1...Colnago road frame that was my primary race bike from 2002-2004. I had sold it to a friend when I quit racing in '05. His some has been riding it for the past few years, but has outgrown it. I will be buying it back and rebuilding it with 9 speed Dura Ace, as it was when I had it originally.

I make medium bucks.

Per week? Which week?

Right now, I like the yellow stuff.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't really want to ask this question, but I have to know how someone gets laid 0.5 times....
Simple math. Once every other week = 0.5/week

Also possible...Start, but not finish. As Verboten noted, that would be painful or unsatisfying. Probably both.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Haven't we just done this thread?

Oh wait.... income - has been trending up...now I'm in the 50-150k bracket.
Laid - has trended down from 5 (10 years ago) to.8 now. Will it go lower or has it stabilized?
Chain lube - I don't know. I am using Boeshield T-9 but conditions have been so sloppy I don't know if something else would be better.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't we just done this thread?

Oh wait.... income - has been trending up...now I'm in the 50-150k bracket.
Laid - has trended down from 5 (10 years ago) to.8 now. Will it go lower or has it stabilized?
Chain lube - I don't know. I am using Boeshield T-9 but conditions have been so sloppy I don't know if something else would be better.
Your bracket is incorrect. Based upon your answer to the second question, the algorithm says you are in the 12% (20-80K) and should get rid of 2 bikes to get your batting average up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There are currently 7 bikes in my garage...
  • Primary road rocket
  • SS 26er MTB
  • Former primary road rocket, now lives on my trainer/Zwift rig
  • Retro road rocket (1977 Nishiki ONP, originally belonged to my father)
  • A friend's old road bike that I'm rebuilding, and will be donated.
  • Daughter's road bike (she has ridden it only twice, and the parts may get stripped for an upcoming project - see below)
  • Daughter's MTB (way too small for her, but she doesn't ride it anymore)

Incoming +1...Colnago road frame that was my primary race bike from 2002-2004. I had sold it to a friend when I quit racing in '05. His some has been riding it for the past few years, but has outgrown it. I will be buying it back and rebuilding it with 9 speed Dura Ace, as it was when I had it originally.

I make medium bucks.

Per week? Which week?

Right now, I like the yellow stuff.
The algorithm says you need to get rid of your zwift rig and 5 bikes to get your batting average up. Further, it suggests things are over with your wife and you should pursue interest in the same gender. I’m thinking the program might be busted though, clearly a roadie on a mtb forum is a little confused to begin with :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$2000 p/a to spending on biking related stuff.
Castrol chain bar lube.
The algorithm says you should get rid of 2 bikes, pleasuring yourself to Disney films does not constitute a valid answer, and you should switch to Jerkins for your lube. Seems accurate.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't really want to ask this question, but I have to know how someone gets laid 0.5 times....
the algorithm says nothing makes sense when it comes to single speeders, reduce your bike count to one and add 11 gears, this will get your batting average up. Income potential is inconclusive considering your head injuries. Seems accurate.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your bracket is incorrect. Based upon your answer to the second question, the algorithm says you are in the 12% (20-80K) and should get rid of 2 bikes to get your batting average up.
20-80k... 50-150k... there's some overlap there, both could be true. Either way, lose 2 bikes to get my batting average up? Is that even worth it? How much for just one bike?

Truth is, I like where I'm at with my bikes. What happens with my bikes is never based on someone else's mood.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Red.

No, blue!

Aaaauuuuuuuuugghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
The algorithm says olfactophiliac clowns should be made moderators of the forum, supplied with ample craft beer, and replace all of their bikes with fat tire trikes.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
20-80k... 50-150k... there's some overlap there, both could be true. Either way, lose 2 bikes to get my batting average up? Is that even worth it? How much for just one bike?

Truth is, I like where I'm at with my bikes. What happens with my bikes is never based on someone else's mood.
Does your mom still do your taxes? That might help refine the recommendation.

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
Not enough, not enough, not enough, whatever I have is fine.
Yes, I'm hard to satisfy for the most part.

Reactions: 3blackbikes

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Imagine if week 1 = 0 times and week 2 was 1 times.
Then we undertake an equation that looks like this
1/2=????????

The algorithm says you should get rid of 2 bikes, pleasuring yourself to Disney films does not constitute a valid answer, and you should switch to Jerkins for your lube. Seems accurate.
OK, I will take on board those recommendations other than the lube and dropping down to 1 bike or watching disney films.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts