Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts

1986 GT Backwoods bought new hard to let it go but its days are numbered I never ride it at this point

1986 Schwinn Paramount sweet ride Waterford built SLX tubing modern cockpit

2002 Litespeed Vortex

2008 Wilier Mortirolio

2008 Stumpjumper HT

2014 Pivot Mach 429c

looking at a 5010

·
slow
7,113 Posts
Those with old model, like 90's 80's bike, do you still ride it or just memorabilia ? hehe
Every once in a while I'll ride one of my 90s bikes in a vintage ride, but mostly I hang on to them for sentimental reasons or because they are completely worthless in the resale market. They were perfect for my riding style then, but my style has adapted to newer bikes.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,652 Posts
Those with old model, like 90's 80's bike, do you still ride it or just memorabilia ? hehe
I have one collecting dust, now I am fixing it up to give to a friend so he can see if he likes mtb.

Reactions: gat3keeper

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Mine was a gravel bike for a bit and now round town beater/kid trailer puller

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh my Gawd, we have someone with NO BIKES posting in an N+1 thread.

You sir could very likely be in an N+2 or 3 situation. Good luck to you.
Hahaha! I know. The earliest estimated shipping date I have at the moment is end of June. Everyone else I’ve talked to say no idea or next year. I did find a bike I was very interested in, but the individual is asking a lot more than the current model year is going for new. Oh well, I can be patient. At least that’s what I keep telling myself.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is that the chrome plated one? I sold those brand new in the mid-1980s and had the 1985 Timberline, the model just below the Backwoods. Same frame, but yours had the better components.
mine is gun smoke blue I believe a greyish blue. I think it was same frame as the Timberline mixed sized chromoly, before the triple triangle. I have a friend that has/had the full chrome version. I think the difference was slight. Suntour speced dicomp brakes. On my Backwoods I broke every component save the frame its shimano as it sits now mostly XT. I have idk how many miles on that bike. I have a knock off dart and smoke on it now. Took it on the trail. Really did not miss riding it honestly. Modern bikes are way better

81 - 89 of 89 Posts