*Guide RE brakes
*200mm rotors
*50mm stem
*800mm handlebars
*Carbon hoops 32 spoke
*Can't remember name grips
*SE 4 rear tyre

2019 Polygon Siskiu N8
-only things still stock are frame, crankset & headset... everything else has been replaced. Also running mullet styles

2019-2020 Giant Reign Adv 0/1
2019 Adv 0 brakes, drivetrain, wheels and rear shock... other bits are mainly from 2020 Adv 1

2017 Nukeproof Scout frame w/ custom build.
Running 140mm Yari, SLX 11 speed drivetrain, Guide R brakes w/ 200/180mm rotors

Sent from my Asus Rog 3

·
No known cure
4,320 Posts
Down to three.
Coconino double top tube single speed cruiser. It's ten years old but Steve is making a fork for it right now.
Ventana El Ciclon with custom geo and full coil. It's 26" but it's so perfect.
GG Smash 29er, full coil.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Santa Cruz Hightower (MTB)
Orbea Rise (eMTB)
Borealis Echo (Fatbike)
Pivot Vault (Gravel/Cyclocross)
KTM 350 (Vroom)
KTM 250 (Braaap)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Threads like these make me feel a little better about having what my non-biking friends (or probably everyone in the world except people on this forum) feel is an excessive amount.

Currently have 7:
Ibis Mojo 3- I rode this the most in CA, now might ride it the least here in DFW
Vassago Optimus Ti SS- built this up earlier this year. Makes the local trails more fun
Kona Hei Hei Race- XC bike but great for the trails here
Soma Juice- was my SS pre-Optimus, is now on the trainer
On One Pickenflick- my cross/gravel bike
Look 595- road bike. Rode this the least in CA, ride it the most in TX unfortunately
RSD Middlechild- keep this at a friend’s in CA for when I go back. Let him loan it out to friends too.

I definitely ride them all. A great week for me is when I get to ride 4 different bikes 😀

·
Something goes here...
2,029 Posts
Ti SS (Vassago Optimus Ti) - I've been SS'ing since 2005, and it was my only bike for years. Been moving away from SS as I age.
Short-travel FS (Yeti SB115) - My favorite and most-used bike.
Longer-travel trail e-bike (Orbea Rise) - For fun, laps, and when I DGAF.

I also have a Fuji basic road bike on a Wahoo Kickr, but prefer the Peloton for "road" and training workouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear the age and SS thing Hulk. I was SS since 2007 and now that I'm close to the big 5-0, I've had gears on for the last 7 months. I'm not sure how much SS I will ride from here on out. I still would love to do it but I'm facing the fact that age is creeping up and gears are just easier. Plus, I ride more for enjoyment these days.

And you on a roadie....that just doesn't compute! HAHA

*I have my favorite bike of all time. My custom Samsara 29er. Rides like a dream and 5 years later, I still don't have the 'want' for a new MTB.
*My Soma Wolverine gravel-er which gets ridden the most as I can just whip out a quick 25-30 mile canal ride very quickly. I need a drivetrain upgrade though.
*My Lemond Tete de Course roadie, very rarely gets ridden but it's such a classic, I can't ever see myself parting with it.
*I have an original 2007 Vassago JabberWocky that has more miles on it that I can count. It was my only MTB (SS only) for 7+ years. It's been through many iterations but is currently the tag-along bike with my youngest daughter and my son uses it.

My wife has a Giant MTB she uses for gravel and a Giant roadie.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,176 Posts
I've been paring down the stable, but I can't seem to ditch my old 2004 StumpJumper. It's effectively my road bike.
I also still have a Redline BMX bike that I never ride that my wife bought me before we were married (she may have been trying to kill me :D ).
We have a 1997 Cannondale MT1000 mountain tandem. It has seen a lot of use over the years, and is fun to loan out.
I have a Motobecane Sturgis Bullet fatbike with a 120mm Bluto fork, a rigid carbon fork, fat wheels with 2 sets of tires, and 29+ wheels with 2 sets of tires. That makes, like, 6 bikes right there. ;) If I am planning to ride off-trail, mixed terrain, snow mud or sand, or pedal for a long time, that's the bike.
Then I have a Canfield Nimble 9 with a 140mm Pike fork or a rigid steel fork. If I am planning to go fast and/or do stupid things, that's the bike. It has saved my bacon more than once.

-F

PS - and while it's no longer "mine", my wife has my 2008 DW*link Iron Horse Hollowpoint MkIII.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have 5. 2 dust collectors in the corner, including a nice road bike and my first mtb. An '06 FSR loaned to a friend and still in use. A custom B6er as my back up bike, and my current main ride a 5010v3.

My SO has 2... both dust collectors. An old rusty townie bike, and an mtb with about 5 rides in 5 years, that she guilted me into buying her for several years against my better judgement "so we could ride together". Turns out that riding is a lot of effort and dangerously scary. Told you so.... but I can't bring myself to sell it. Maybe next time she'll like it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have:

2018 Santa Cruz Hightower: my only mountain bike (for now!). It is so versatile, I love it!

Radpower Radwagon E cargo bike: haul the kids, groceries, and getting around town solo too. The throttle on the bar makes it so I hardly pedal this thing when I ride it.

(In coming) 2021 Yeti Arc: on order and supposed to arrive in a week or so. I am looking forward to owning a hardtail again for the first time in many years.

(Just sold yesterday) 2017 Raleigh Roker Comp: I never got into the gravel thing like I thought I would.

Kids/wife:

2004 Ellsworth Truth: a classic! Getting long in the tooth but everything works and getting a 26lb bike for $700 when we bought it in 2008 it was a steal!

Vitus Nucleus 24

Cannondale Quick 20

·
2,631 Posts
I've got 5 bikes at the moment:

'20 SC Hightower - daily driver full suspension
'16 Chromag Surface - obligatory fun hardtail
'16 Seven Mudhoney - gravel
'12 Transition TransAM - spare hardtail I use for kid rides
'21 RSD The Mayor - fat bike

Wife's got a Scott Scale and we just got our 5 year old a 20" Specialized Hot Rock

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had up to 14, but half were single speeds geared to specific types of riding in my area. When the pandemic hit, I sold off a lot of bikes, though, and am now down to 7, 3 of those being single speeds, but one of the single speeds may yet go. It was simply getting too expensive and time consuming to keep 14 bikes in good riding shape, not to mention the parts availability issue.

The single speeds are now a luxury for me at my age. I get by, nicely with my 4 fully geared bikes for all my riding needs. My two 29ers cover me for summer riding and my two fat bikes for my winter riding, though I also ride the fatties in the summer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have 4 right now and it's probably too many. Actually, if demonstrably is too many since one of them is for sale at a local shop. I ride so seldom these days I'm wondering about them.

The two I usually ride:
Transition Scout FS
Kona Honzo ST 29" HT

The two that don't get ridden:
Kona Unit X (was a commuter, now for sale)
Transition TransAm ST 27.5" HT (was really a fun project to build but is dusty)

I've been thinking of replacing both those with a "gravel" bike, whatever that means in the end. But realistically, the 29" HT works for that too. Or maybe a commuter ebike would be good but that doesn't help my fat ass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see these types of threads on guitar forums I’m active on. N+1= the correct number of guitars you need. I guess it works for bikes as well. Currently I have no bikes, but I do have my name on numerous list at the local bike shops around me. Hopefully something will come in stock soon. 🤞

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
BMX, school bus, road bike, gravel bike, rigid 29”, rigid fat/29” bikepacker, full squish.
I’ve been sorta getting a hankering for something racey, either a fast Xc hard tail or squish. I should drop some weight myself first though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bmx, dj, gravel, fs, hardtail on the way. I also have another 20" frame and and old 26'' frame that I may build up eventually.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
After years I've got it down to only 5. I would have only 4, but years ago I had a Yeti ASR-C with everything XTR there was down to the center lock wheels. I couldn't get **** for it and it was in beautiful shape. So I keep it hanging up just to look at, 2 wheel art.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Santa Cruz Hightower (MTB)
Orbea Rise (eMTB)
Borealis Echo (Fatbike)
Pivot Vault (Gravel/Cyclocross)
KTM 350 (Vroom)
KTM 250 (Braaap)
Don't want to add in the motos and road bikes...525EXC, yz250f, ktm 125 & 105 sx, CRF 50,70,100f. Kids...

Reactions: RickBullottaPA

·
Evolutionsverlierer
1,652 Posts
Main bikes are
‘14 Heckler
‘15 Chameleon

then there are
mid 90ties Veto road bike
mid 90ties Hot Chili x-rage, which is getting brought back to life so I can give to a friend to get him into mtb.
Old pair of male and female Schwinn bikes I inherited from my parents
Basket case of a 70ties Strawberry road bike that I hope, yeah right, to bring back to life one day.

And there are a handful of bikes belonging to the misses.

Reactions: gat3keeper
61 - 80 of 89 Posts