Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
# 1 DH bike (Intense)
# 1 Dirt jumper (NS)

Plan to invest in some CC/Trail bike for local trails and non lift assisted runs ( Specialized)
Also plan to purchase eBike not to be dependent on lifts (Specialized)

·
Big Damn Hero
503 Posts
I currently have 5 built up...

• 2019 Surly Karate Monkey running 29+ wheels for fun
  • 2017 Orbea Alma for race duties
  • 2015 Diamondback Haanjo for gravel
  • 2017 Ritchey Road Logic for road riding
  • 2015 Ridley Helium on smart trainer

- 2021 Surly Krampus frame waiting for parts... this will ultimately be set up as a SS race bike, likely to replace the Alma build

• 2013 Specialized Epic frame / wheels just sitting in the garage, waiting to be hung up on the wall of my workout room
  • 2011 Fuji Roubaix ACR frame, my first road bike, purchased new, hanging on the wall of my workout room
  • 1995 Gary Fisher Tassajara frame, my first mtn bike, purchased new, hanging on the wall of my workout room

·
Registered
522 Posts
Both my wife and I each have: a "good" MTB, a "pretty good" endurance road bike, and a crappy old MTB with 38mm road tires that we use as grocery getters. So 6, and we ride each of them pretty regularly. Six is enough and we're at our space limit anyway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Vitus Sentir VRS Hardtail
Santa Cruz Megatower
Commencal Absolut DJ

Pretty much covers whatever riding I may be doing, though I'm tempted to sell the hardtail off with prices being what they are these days. Have a Spire inbound and will sell the Mega when that comes in.

·
Trail Rider
1,464 Posts
Used to have 4, but sold my Trek Checkpoint and Emonda.

Gravel is boring and the road is now deadlier because of all the knuckleheads on their phones behind the wheel.

I've got the '21 Stumpy as my general trail bike and the modified Levo SL (160mm F/155mm R) for those 5-6000 feet of elevation mountain rides.

Daughter has a NS hardtail, wife has a '93 Cannondale hardtail (made in the USA)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have 4 ,a 1st gen Tallboy that I have 2 sets of wheels for one for dirt, one for pavement. A 20 or so year old Trek US Postal replica . My newest is a Trek Rail 7 e-bike. And my Ibis Bow Ti set up as a single speed ,should sell it and the Tallboy as they don't get ridden much .Also have 2 moto's 2016 Beta 300 rr and a 2006 Yamaha 450- wr that is licensed for the street.

·
Your Best Friend
5,370 Posts
Just 23 at the moment.

BMC Trailfox 01
Giant Anthem Advanced 0 29r
Borealis Yampa
Giant Defy Advanced SL0
Giant TCX 1
Surly Big Dummy w/e conversion
Niner Jet 9 RDO
Giant Defy
Rocky Mountain Attitude Carbon 50
Felt roady
Giant Lust Advanced 27.5
Ibis DV9
Scott Carbon roady
Giant Anthem 27.5
GT BMX
Jamis Dragon
Felt mtb
Specialized Hot Rock
Gary Fisher Tassajara
Cannondale Jekyll
Cannondale F2000SX
Bontrager Race
Mercedes-Benz Amp B-4
Rascal mini

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have two bikes myself.

2018 Kona Process 153 29'er. This is my mountain bike. It weighs something like 36-37lbs, and its my trail bike, "enduro" bike, and my cross country bike.

2012 Focus Black Forest 4.0 (26'er, 3x10, XC Hardtail). This was my around the neighborhood/gravel bike. But I recently got a smart trainer, so now its more like a piece of exercise equipment than it is a bike, as its pseudo-permanently in my office.

Ok, I guess I technically lied. I have another bike, but its not functioning right now. Its my old 20in Street/Vert bike (1999 Haro Cosmo) that my parents kept for me, and recently brought me. Needs a new freewheel, and pedals.

Then of course the wife and kids have some, but those don't count.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had three this morning. Now four.

A 150/140 29er trail bike (Intense Primer). This is the one I spend the most time on.

A one-off steel road/cross bike, made by a semi-pro frame builder.... this is what I commute and cruise on.

A rigid steel 29er with 50mm gravel tires, made by a real-pro frame builder (Curtlo). For gravel, but I don't do much of that lately.

And then, this afternoon...N+1 strikes again:
This 2015 El Mariachi with Sid fork, 1x XTR and Thompson/Kent Eriksen bits...yay. This will see trail time.

Other than my main trail bike, all these others are facebook/craig's list finds.
DSCN4609.JPG

·
Registered
467 Posts
6:
Niner Jet 9 RDO,
CCF e-enduro,
CCF e-XC,
CCF e-road,
Schwinn Homegrown 90s race bike,
BMW R1200 GS,
and a few frames

BTW N+1 isn’t the number of bikes you have, it’s the number you need, with N being the number of bikes currently owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I wish to assert my 5th Amendment privilege.

Reactions: sgltrak

·
slow
7,113 Posts
Currently N=10. I don't shop for bikes, but if I find a deal too good to pass up I'll buy it and try it. If I like it I'll keep it and if not, I'll flip it. Most of my bikes are redundant, but I like to have backup to keep from missing rides. There are a few of these that can go away, and probably will sooner than later.

1962 Schwinn Typhoon klunker
2010 FELT New Belgium cruiser
2004 Raleigh Gran Prix road bike
1996 Marin Team
2008 FELT Nine
2008 Jamis Dragon
2012 Niner Air9 RDO
1997 Moots YBB Superlight
2008 Moots MootoX YBB
2009 Moots MootoX YBB

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
I wonder if people with these huge collections of bikes actually ride them regularly.
29er full suspension - rode Saturday
29er rigid single speed - rode last weekend
27.5 geared rigid (I'd like to change this to 29 and hoping to bikepack it some day) - rode last month when up in N GA mountains
26er ss (not worth selling) - haven't ridden in probably 2 years
CX (my "gravel" bike) - rode Memorial Day
Road bike - rode a couple of weeks ago when the trails were wet
Road bike II - too pretty to get rid of (chrome) and my daughter rides it when she's around as it's smallish) - currently set up for my shorter than me daughter
Fixed gear - have not ridden this year or much last year - I would take it to work for a after work ride a lot but have been working from home
Folding bike - I use it for yard work, hauling tools around, makes it a lot quicker to go grab something I forgot - rode today, yesterday, Saturday, etc.

So you can see, they all have their purpose!

(deleted my son's road bike to keep SSS happy!)
Been reading your post... so far no Santa Cruz huh?
My 29er full suspension is a SC Superlight 29

Reactions: gat3keeper

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ibis Ripmo V1
Canfield Nimble 9 (being built at the moment, such a gorgeous frame)
Salsa Blackborow 2015 (nothing stock except the frame)
Devinci Hatchet carbon with two dtswiss wheelset (one with 32c for road and one with 38 or 40c for gravel)
Specialized Tricross (with some modification) for commuting
RSD Middlechild (son's bike)
Wethepeople Crysis (son's bike)
Commencal Meta HT (daughter's bike)
Giant XTC + Specialized Vita (wife's bike) those two don't see many miles!!

Too many bikes for our short riding season. But I love bikes, like working on them, upgrading them so I'm not really rational...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Right now
Ragley Big Wig hardtail-mountain bike
Surly Cross Check-gravel bike
Sunday Soundwave-BMX
1991 Schwinn High Plains-townie/pub bike/kid trailer hauler
Nashbar CXSS-single speed cyclocross bike that mostly lives on the turbo trainer

Currently gathering parts and have two frames on order with Marino for a rigid mtb/ bikepacking/mixed surface riding/when I travel home and the other a sometimes single speed/ sometimes coaster brakes always fun build.
Would like to add a full sus at some point and a single speed dropbar with wider tires then the CXSS can fit (possibly convert and old 26in mtb).

Wife has Surly 1x1.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gat3keeper

·
Registered
342 Posts
2020 Trek top fuel
2020 Niner AIR9 RDO (singlespeed)
2015 Lynskey MT29
2015 Specialized Allez

41 - 60 of 89 Posts