Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
N + 1 seem like biting me recently..

Just curious, how many bikes do you have? What model, make, your purpose for owning lots... :)

·
Registered
Lone Wolf
2,560 Posts
1 bike... SS Esker Japhy with a 120mm fork. I used to have a whole fleet of bikes but didn't have the time to ride them all enough to justify having them in my shop. I recently ordered a Ti frame to swap all of my parts to, which should be here in August. I'm considering building the Japhy up as a full time drop bar bikepacking setup with gears when it gets here. There's a lot of desert bushwhacking out my front door that I'd like to have something set up purely for exploration for. Plus some of the bikepacking routes I've been doing have some really steep, rough stuff that sucks on a SS.

We will see...

·
Rides all the bikes!
3,884 Posts
Currently at 4. Thinking of selling my gravel, and would like to get a TT bike.

My roadie and E29 are probably going to be a very long term love affair. I just spent at least a couple thousand in maintenance parts on those two this year, and don't even feel bad.

·
I am Walt
6,344 Posts
Ti SS (Vassago Optimus Ti) - I've been SS'ing since 2005, and it was my only bike for years. Been moving away from SS as I age.
Short-travel FS (Yeti SB115) - My favorite and most-used bike.
Longer-travel trail e-bike (Orbea Rise) - For fun, laps, and when I DGAF.

I also have a Fuji basic road bike on a Wahoo Kickr, but prefer the Peloton for "road" and training workouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
This is how many bikes between my wife and I. Some of them are in use by young racers, but they technically are mine.

20 bikes:

Commecial Run bike
Orbea Run bike
Specialized Run bike
Norco Fat bike
Specialized Fat bike
Specialized Diverge
Orbea Terra x 2
Specialized Tarmac
Orbea Orca
Orbea Alma
Specialized Epic HT
Specialized Epic FS x 2
Orbea Oiz x 4
Orbea Occam
Orbea Rallon
Specialized Levo SL

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is how many bikes between my wife and I. Some of them are in use by young racers, but they technically are mine.

20 bikes:

Commecial Run bike
Orbea Run bike
Specialized Run bike
Norco Fat bike
Specialized Fat bike
Specialized Diverge
Orbea Terra x 2
Specialized Tarmac
Orbea Orca
Orbea Alma
Specialized Epic HT
Specialized Epic FS x 2
Orbea Oiz x 4
Orbea Occam
Orbea Rallon
Specialized Levo SL
You have lots of money man... whats the reason of owning that many ?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
  • Santa Cruz Tallboy, C/S
  • Cannondale CAAD 12 Ultegra

My wife has a road bike but that doesn't count as one of mine.

I just got rid of two very nice bikes and feel all the better for doing so. My son's are now into bike hoarding and I can borrow theirs as needed.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
You have lots of money man... whats the reason of owning that many ?
My wife is sponsored by Specialized and I am run a race team that is sponsored by Orbea. The basement is rather full right now, usually we sell bikes when new ones arrive. But all the new bikes arrived just before we headed to Europe, didn't get a chance to sell the old bikes yet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If it includes 2 kids + wifes bikes... a lot, to many lol. 11ish, I may be missing something.

Ripmo
TB4
Ripley
DV9
MiddleChild
Guardian kids bike
Small Strider
Bigger strider
Raleigh kids bike (16inch)
Salsa Timberjack
Commencal Absolut

Scooters, and other rolling objects as well lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My wife is sponsored by Specialized and I am run a race team that is sponsored by Orbea. The basement is rather full right now, usually we sell bikes when new ones arrive. But all the new bikes arrived just before we headed to Europe, didn't get a chance to sell the old bikes yet.
That explained it.

Good luck to your team and your wife.

·
Registered
Lone Wolf
2,560 Posts
We got a bunch of fisherman in this thread... Don't add your wife and kids bikes in to make your collection look bigger.

"I have 76 bikes. Well, technically my extended family has 76 bikes in total, but still!"

·
Cycologist
7,899 Posts
29er full suspension
29er rigid single speed
27.5 geared rigid (I'd like to change this to 29 and hoping to bikepack it some day)
26er ss (not worth selling)
CX (my "gravel" bike)
Road bike
Road bike II - too pretty to get rid of (chrome) and my daughter rides it when she's around as it's smallish)
Fixed gear
Folding bike - I use it for yard work, hauling tools around, makes it a lot quicker to go grab something I forgot

So you can see, they all have their purpose!

(deleted my son's road bike to keep SSS happy!)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts