Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got real world experience on any of these. I would like to know which one rolls better, which one is lighter and who likes who and why.

I'm currently running the Nanoraptors, they roll nice but are a little heavy at 650 grams. I'm running them tubless and would like to find something lighter but don't want to give up the nice rolling they have. How do the other tires compare ??

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,779 Posts
corner_stuffed said:
Anyone got real world experience on any of these. I would like to know which one rolls better, which one is lighter and who likes who and why.

I'm currently running the Nanoraptors, they roll nice but are a little heavy at 650 grams. I'm running them tubless and would like to find something lighter but don't want to give up the nice rolling they have. How do the other tires compare ??
I've been using all three tires, with the Nanoraptor always in the back, and either a Mytho's front or an Ignitor in the front. I was happy with either setup, but have settled on the Nano (wire bead) rear and Ignitor (aramid bead) front, both using Stan's tubeless on IRC cadence rims. The Ignitor was right at 600 g and, Mythos at about 680 g, and the Nanoraptor at 657g. The difference in weight between the Ignitor and the Mythos was not noticeable to me, and frankly I can't tell any difference in handling between the two tires. All three tires grip and roll well and I would be happy to race on any of them. My disclaimer is that I'm not a tire junky and probably have only used a total of 10 different models of off-road tires over the last 18 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.