Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way I would start her on such a nice bike. Her first bike
was a Kona Caldera. It was a hard tail and she rode the heck out of it.It was
9 years old. We were in Whistler last year and we rented a dual suspension for
her and that was that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, what kind of riding you guys do? how much did it cost? and how would you keep it all clean and shiny? what methods of cleaning do you use? that 3rd pic, that crankarm looks so shiny and smooth

*DROOOOL* :D
i want one, but will you be able to maintain its level of shiny-ness or will you get the scratches and bumps and crappy coloured cassette like my bike? :(

those pedals look so nice.... sorry ill stop fantasizing about having a bike like that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just platform-She does not want to even think about clip in. She is afraid
of falling while being clipped in. I Have been unable to convince her other wise. She
is doing fine on the plat forms though. Today I dialed the sag in on her fork and shock. We
are going to try it out at China Camp tomorrow(nor cal-bay area). I have given very nice
gifts in the past but this is the first time she has giggled like a little girl. I think I did good.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, what kind of riding you guys do? how much did it cost? and how would you keep it all clean and shiny? what methods of cleaning do you use?

i want one, but will you be able to maintain its level of shiny-ness or will you get the scratches and bumps and crappy coloured cassette like my bike?

do you store inside or outside? if outside, would u cover it?
what repair stuff you take with you?

waht are the trails like u ride? steep dh, cross country?

sorry please answer, i am very inquisitive. Personal message me if possible, thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice! Good build, did you pic the components?

I built a heckler for my wife a couple years ago; also went over very well. Same hubs, same color.

Is your wife very tall? Looks like a lot of headset spacers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My wife is 5"5 1/2 it is a small frame. We are still dialing in the fit. We will probably end up taking a spacer or so. I did pick out the components with help from my lbs. The Hope hubs and 50/50 pedals were his idea along with the SLX kit. The front and rear derailleurs are XT and they were my idea. Also when I saw the new Chris King bottom bracket I said lets go for it also.
Overall she is very happy and has already planned a ride this next weekend
to break it in some more. She has also said she forgives me for not telling her about my Ibis Mojo SL before I brought it home.:eekster:
Blastard!!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.