Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building up a new bike for my wife, a Pink Astrix Stryke. Sweet bike. We sold her Heckler for this, we hit a rough trail yesterday and she is sold. The Stryke is similar to the Huckster, which is the bike I am now riding, but it has a little less travel, weighs less and its geometry is tighter. If anyone is interested in an Astrix, let me know, I can hook you up.

This frame was custom painted by Astrix just for my wife. Thanks Ryan!
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
Nice frame and nice set-up...
Lucky wife and lucky you... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mtbManiak said:
How much does it weigh exaclty? It's pretty cool!
It weighs in at about 33 with Slime in the tires. Basicly the same frame as the Huckster, a solid downhill/freeride frame. This frame can take abuse and keep going. My son Mike rode a Huckster in parts of his section in SUSPECT, the film. The double drop was on the Huckster. So, this frame is a little heavier than your XC, enduro or all mountain frame but it can withstand what you throw at it. Stiff rear end and it handles like a jewel.

Here is a pic of Mike on the Huckster.

Shuntavi
 

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Shuntavi said:
It weighs in at about 33 with Slime in the tires. Basicly the same frame as the Huckster, a solid downhill/freeride frame. This frame can take abuse and keep going. My son Mike rode a Huckster in parts of his section in SUSPECT, the film. The double drop was on the Huckster. So, this frame is a little heavier than your XC, enduro or all mountain frame but it can withstand what you throw at it. Stiff rear end and it handles like a jewel.

Here is a pic of Mike on the Huckster.

Shuntavi
sweet pic shuntavi. im pretty sold right now on a huckster for my next bike. sweet frame and the price is right. how do you sons like them?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Huckster

konabiker said:
sweet pic shuntavi. im pretty sold right now on a huckster for my next bike. sweet frame and the price is right. how do you sons like them?

thanks
Greg Here, Shuntavi's son.

The Huckster is the best freeride bike I have ridden, espicially with the slider plus fork. Way smooth bike, the smoothest I've ridden. Yet, you dont have any bob when hammering up the hills. After riding that bike for a week, I took a ride on a bullet with super t's, and I felt bad to say It wasn't as nice as I remembered, when two weeks before I loved it. The only problem that you will have with a huckster, is that it will spoil you, and no other bike will live up to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
Man that is sweeeeeeet! How much travel does the frame have? Can you get it with a coil shock? I didn't even know they were making that frame.

I too am planning on building a Huckster as my next bike. That rear suspension is the best thing I've seen since sliced bread. I've never been excited about any suspension design, but when I saw the Huckster I got a chubby.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
Yeah....
That frame looks SICK...
I realy like it and more now after your review...

PS.. That Havoc with 9" travel looks pritty SWEET too...you know anything about that one...?
 

Attachments

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
Hey Greg!
It's so unfair they let you ride the nice bikes...then you are jealous that you have to go back to the old school stinky or the giant.
Did your dad give you the Bullit to abuse?
Thanks for showing us around your backyard...

Moenkopi said:
Greg Here, Shuntavi's son.

The Huckster is the best freeride bike I have ridden, espicially with the slider plus fork. Way smooth bike, the smoothest I've ridden. Yet, you dont have any bob when hammering up the hills. After riding that bike for a week, I took a ride on a bullet with super t's, and I felt bad to say It wasn't as nice as I remembered, when two weeks before I loved it. The only problem that you will have with a huckster, is that it will spoil you, and no other bike will live up to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
VIA said:
Yeah....
That frame looks SICK...
I realy like it and more now after your review...

PS.. That Havoc with 9" travel looks pritty SWEET too...you know anything about that one...?
Yeah, that Havoc is a pretty sweet bike. I know that Mike loved it. For downhill I think its a great bike, however, I still enjoy the huckster more. Im more into freeriding, and trail riding, not extreme freeriding and downhilling. Mike did a good job on it though, he rode the Havoc in redbull, and really loved the bike. Jimmy, my younger brother is riding the Havoc now Mike is gone, he loves that bike, and the suspension is pretty similar to that of the huckster, just more of it. They are both sweet bikes, it just kinda depends on your riding style to decide which one to get. You cant go wrong with either of them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
Thanks for the info ...
Is this the Mike that you're talking about...?
 

Attachments

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,608 Posts
smelly said:
that's him.
SWEET.. I'd love to do stuff like that...
Here is another one....very nice pic...
 

Attachments

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Moenkopi said:
Greg Here, Shuntavi's son.

The Huckster is the best freeride bike I have ridden, espicially with the slider plus fork. Way smooth bike, the smoothest I've ridden. Yet, you dont have any bob when hammering up the hills. After riding that bike for a week, I took a ride on a bullet with super t's, and I felt bad to say It wasn't as nice as I remembered, when two weeks before I loved it. The only problem that you will have with a huckster, is that it will spoil you, and no other bike will live up to it.
thanks a ton man. it sounds so good. thanks agian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
I'm still curious how much travel the Stryke has and if it is available with a coil shock.

They don't have that frame in their site yet (unless I missed it somehow).
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top