Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bear
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been shopping for a new mountain bike for the last couple months but three weeks ago found out we would be having our first child in November. I all but wrote off the mountain bike purchase in favor of getting the house ready for our child. Well my wife knew I was a little upset about not getting a new bike. While away for five days of work she told me that she was "decorating" the baby's room. I was ok with this even if I didn't get to help. I just got home and opened the door to the baby's room....it was exactly as I remembered it...stark and white...expect for the Stumpjumper FSR expert disc 120 leaning against the wall. The string cheese I was eating literally hit the floor. Stunned. I have always been good at surprising my wife...she's never been good at surprising me. Well with a new baby on the way and the new bike down the hall I've got to say she just pulled into the lead for a long long time. Damn I love that girl.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
CONGRALUTIONS TO YOUR FAMILY & BIKE !

Congralutions for you for having a baby and getting a new bike together. I think you got your XMAS gift early this year. I wish you and your new family a happy XMAS and happy new year for 2006. I better say it now while you are still in good mood. :D

I would like to remind you to buy the best bike lock you can afford since you don't want to loose it. store the bike in the basement.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
That's brilliant! It's brilliant because your wife knows what a Stumpjumper FSR Expert Disc 120 is. My wife couldn't tell you the difference between a Stumpjumper and a souffle.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
AAAAAHHHHH!!!! :D Congrats!!

Don't forget to look just as, if not more, excited about the other baby when it arrives :p

·
Bear
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm digging up an oldy but read the first post for the lowdown. The FSR went on to a better place 1.5 years ago. It was still running smooth but I switched to 29er SS for, what I thought would be just one year before buying something new. Well after a trip to Disney with the kids (which we didn't have back during 2005 when the original post took place) ate up any extra bike funds.

Or so I thought. Got home today to find an awfully large cardboard box in the garage. Salsa Big Mama XT complete. Yep, she did it again. Made me think it wasn't happening and then BAM! I'll be keeping her around (bike and wife) for a few more years :thumbsup:

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Ha, I thought you were going to tell us that you opened the door and the room was decorated in a bay bike motiff but it was even better! What a great wife, now you have to reciprocate and bust your butt and decorate that babys room just the way mama wants it!

·
Bear
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ricko said:
Ha, I thought you were going to tell us that you opened the door and the room was decorated in a bay bike motiff but it was even better! What a great wife, now you have to reciprocate and bust your butt and decorate that babys room just the way mama wants it!
Ricko,

The "babies" are 1+ and 4! The original post was from 2005. I revived the thread because yesterday lightning struck a second time! Almost five years later she came through with another surprise bike!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
cool. have you done anything nice for her lately? maybe take the kiddos and give her some alone time.

it's so nice when the significant others help support our addictions!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.