Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I feel bad making his post, buying don't even know where to start for her. I've only built my bikes from scratch, so I wouldn't know sure to get a built bike for her... so what style bike should we be looking for. Also I think she would like a mountain bike, hardtail. She doesn't like my banshee scream feel, but like my old jamis and my banshee scirocco.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Depending on what size she needs bikesdirect had a pretty good deal on the '11 GT Avalanche 3.0 Womens. I cant get on there at work, so I dont know if they still have any or not. Finding a good deal on a womens specific mtb is going to be hard as the amount of bikes available is limited. After new years we'll most likely be selling my wifes and buying her a '11 or '12 Revel 1W.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
OK I feel bad making his post, buying don't even know where to start for her. I've only built my bikes from scratch, so I wouldn't know sure to get a built bike for her... so what style bike should we be looking for. Also I think she would like a mountain bike, hardtail. She doesn't like my banshee scream feel, but like my old jamis and my banshee scirocco.
You could just give her one of those two bikes.

Since she likes them, you can also use them as reference bikes for buying a bike online. Try to match effective top tube length. If you want to get more refined, the head angle has a big influence on ride feel, and at the extremes of handlebar height adjustment, the head tube length becomes important.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.