Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First you go and get me interested in these fatbike things. Then you go and get me all excited and I got two :rolleyes: All I've been able to think about since November is fatties, every ride has been on the fatty but one and that just wasn't as much fun as it should have been :confused: Now I'm thinking of selling all of my other bikes to make room and generate some $$ for a lightweight full squish fatty :yikes: I just don't think she's gonna understand... :bluefrown:

It's all your fault :thumbsup:

·
Registered
156 Posts
If my experience is like yours, she'll get over it - so just do what you need to :) I went to the LBS for BB spacers and came home with a Pugsley. It took a while for her to talk to me, but all is well now and even she likes to ride it.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Haven't you bought her one yet?

Really! Tsk, tsk...

I recommend you sell all your other bikes so you can buy a lightweight full squish fatty for her. That will show the love. Shame about it being the wrong size for her though... :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
First you go and get me interested in these fatbike things. Then you go and get me all excited and I got two :rolleyes: All I've been able to think about since November is fatties, every ride has been on the fatty but one and that just wasn't as much fun as it should have been :confused: Now I'm thinking of selling all of my other bikes to make room and generate some $$ for a lightweight full squish fatty :yikes: I just don't think she's gonna understand... :bluefrown:

It's all your fault :thumbsup:
You've got the whole approach wrong. You don't get two bikes for yourself - one is yours and the other is your wife's - regardless if she ever sits on it.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Make sure all the bikes are the same colour, same grips, same pedals, same bars, etc....

If you are lucky she'll never know how many bikes you actually have. ;)
I had my wife notice I had different rims last winter and this came after years of not paying attention to anything bike related. Not sure how I am going to get the new carbon hoops past her, maybe stick some duct tape circles on em?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Make sure all the bikes are the same colour, same grips, same pedals, same bars, etc....

If you are lucky she'll never know how many bikes you actually have. ;)
YUP, Giro helmet in blue and black in both MTB and road areo
Stans rims all look the same to her too! even with a powertap inside.
I have 7 Fatbike tires, all black. Can't get the new coloured ones unfortunately...

·
Clueless Bastard
684 Posts
It goes both ways....little story....Not a fatbike (as I have a BG), but wife expressed interest in a mountain bike. She had one years ago, but for some reason it fell out of favor and she stopped riding it. Fast forward some years. We move to a mountain town and she says last summer, "There are nice trails here, and the bike path is super nice. I want a mountain bike...."

No local dealers for what I want to look at, so we head into "town." She rides one, likes it. We talk about it over the course of a day. Go to another dealer, she rides more, they do some sizing and stem swapping. Likes it even more. So we order her one.

While she's riding, I interject a little, but then give her some space as I cruise around on a bike I've been thinking about. We get her order partially sorted as I'm blasting around in the parking lot on this bike.

I ask the owner of the shop if he'll give us a deal on two bikes. He says "Of course, we can work something out." Wife doesn't even flinch.

We get home a couple hours later, and she says, "You're hilarious. I like how you just added your bike purchase to mine."

We'll go get our new rides in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ I almost managed to do that when we got her car. We went to breakfast for Mothers Day and stopped into the Subaru (and Ford) dealer next door when we were done. On the spot I threw down for a new Outback for her and while she was in the shop checking it out I almost managed to sneak a 5.0 Mustang into the deal. I was so close....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Somehow I think my wife may have lost interest in my bike addiction. Two weeks ago she sees me come home with a full carbon fuji road bike and fires off a few rational questions like "don't you have enough bikes" "don't you already have two other road bikes"? So this week she goes away for a few days. All the fat bike talk gets the best of me and I buy a new specilized fat boy. I put it way in the back of the garage, she comes home and of course spots the big fat tire! Says simply "what is that thing" and walks away...I said nothing and it hasn't been mentioned since. much like the OP, I blame you fatty forum people!!! Oh by the way I LOVE riding FAT!!!!!!

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Somehow I think my wife may have lost interest in my bike addiction. Two weeks ago she sees me come home with a full carbon fuji road bike and fires off a few rational questions like "don't you have enough bikes" "don't you already have two other road bikes"? So this week she goes away for a few days. All the fat bike talk gets the best of me and I buy a new specilized fat boy. I put it way in the back of the garage, she comes home and of course spots the big fat tire! Says simply "what is that thing" and walks away...I said nothing and it hasn't been mentioned since. much like the OP, I blame you fatty forum people!!! Oh by the way I LOVE riding FAT!!!!!!
I hate to be the one to point it out but maybe she did something to get even and you just don't know about it yet. In other words maybe her interests are now laying elsewhere :eekster:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.