Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

This is (almost) my final update for my Nomad!
The update from my first post (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=254919) are:
- Marzocchi 66 SL 1 ATA
- Easton EA70 Monkeybar
- Kenda Nevegal Stick-e 2.35

Final update it's changing the stem from 90mm to 70mm.

And TNC you are right about white frame and white fork! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ruiabreu said:
Hi!

The update from my first post (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=254919) are:
- Marzocchi 66 SL 1 ATA
- Easton EA70 Monkeybar

I don't see any mud on that bike; have you taken it for a ride or is it for display:thumbsup: nice looking ride.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike as mud on it... :) but you know, camera flash and white can make ilusions :)

The fork is new, instaled today and I even instaled the front brake because I didn't have the postmount adpter for 7" hayes disc.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
datsunman said:
Just for Turtle... ;)
BEAUTIFUL:thumbsup: nice to see you're putting that piece of fine art work to good use:D ; the contrast with darker substance brings out the best in your bike; it's looking good. . Your post was rather timely, the shop called two minutes ago and said my bike is ready; they wanted to know if I still wanted to the 07 66SL ATA; I've got until I get to the shop to make up my mind. They said the oil change and service made my 06 66 SL like new; it must be working good for the shop to say I really don't need the new fork; now what:rolleyes: if I don't get the fork, I could use the money to buy a season pass at Whistler or get that new wheelset or the Avalanche or pay for jump/drop classes; I know, resistance is futile.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it were me I'd get the pass to Whistler, but then I've already got the fork. Mind you, I'd still need some airline tickets and a place to stay too.. Hehehe.

I've just got my fork back from having the air loss problem sorted and it's really good now, however, if you don't need the on the fly adjustments I wouldn't bother moving from what you've already got.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
datsunman said:
If it were me I'd get the pass to Whistler, but then I've already got the fork. Mind you, I'd still need some airline tickets and a place to stay too.. Hehehe.

I've just got my fork back from having the air loss problem sorted and it's really good now, however, if you don't need the on the fly adjustments I wouldn't bother moving from what you've already got.
On the serious side, I appreciate your feedback. I've had great luck with my fork, I'm going to hold onto it for a while; I'll use the money for a wheelset and lift tickets; oh year, I almost forgot about the Rocco TST R.

·
Registered
97 Posts
ruiabreu said:
Hi!

- Marzocchi 66 SL 1 ATA
- Easton EA70 Monkeybar

Beautiful bike!!!!! What does it weigh?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mountainbikextremist said:
Any thoughts on the DHX Air?
I can't be *that* objective as this is the first FS bike I've had in a long time and it's the only shock I've ridden. But, that being said, I do feel the middle of the travel is softer than I'd imagine it should be. Seems to work with the Nomad though so I'm not complaining. :)

I've tried a number of different settings and have stuck to slightly above the recommended SC settings for general riding and up it a little when I go to the bigger stuff. (When I say bigger, the most I've hit is about four or five feet to tranny, so not that big!)

Overall I'm quite happy with it and at 160lbs I don't feel the need to go coil just yet. I'm not sure how it would fair with more weight on board, I don't think I'd use it if I had another few kgs on.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Initally I was fairly "taken" with the DHXA. And on my Bullit, with its fairly low spring rate requirements, the DHXA works quite well. On the Nomad, however, even an old man like me can fairly well tax the perfomance limits of this shock. It's not horrible, just noticeably lacking. The biggest thing is that the DHXA should have an adjustable AVA sleeve or similar device to address air chamber size for individual needs IMO. Better damping characteristics would help too. I like air shocks, and with the new Manitou Evolver ISX-6, I may have finally found the "real" big hit air shock.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Give a try to the opposite spectrum. I sold my Turner 6 pack which I ran sag at 25% sag and really had to turn in the compression to resist bottoming. I wasn't super impressed with the Nomad until I dropped the SPV to minimum 75 psi vs. 100psi/no pro pedal/rebound adjusted for trail conditions/dropped the sag to 30mm vs. 15-20mm and left the compression at 1.5 turns-at these setting the reviews are spot on for me. Kicks but on dirt jumps, drops, climbing. Leaves the ring about 1mm from knocking off the shock, and still left with another 1.5 turns for larger drops or drops that lack transitions.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wow!!!! I take it that's a creek crossing? With all that mud on your bike, nobody can say you don't use it for the intended purpose:thumbsup: Nice to see you're out having fun. thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
ruiabreu said:
For Turtle 1...

And now, is there enough mud (and water)? :D
I would imagine your BB, Hubs, Pedals, Headset, pivots, Fork, freehub body, and Shock are filled with water and mud now:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Turtle 1 said:
Wow!!!! I take it that's a creek crossing? With all that mud on your bike, nobody can say you don't use it for the intended purpose:thumbsup: Nice to see you're out having fun. thanks for posting the pics.
I donno if its ment for swimming?:confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.