Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a Weirwolf 2.55 LT on the front of my 29er, and I really like it. I only have a couple of rides one it, but i have noticed that it doesnt vibrate at all, no noticable rolling resistance, it doesnt pack up, even in sticky clay mud, and i can lean it alot. rather than gently lean, now i slam my bike into and through corners. I have a 2.1 ignitor on the back, and it is a little out-cushed by the WW, so im going to try an exiwolf 2.3 on the back, which will probably work a bit better.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
harris - in my opinion keep the Ignitor in back. I found that the exiwolf sucked as a rear tire - at least it did here in Connecticut. It would often wash out on exposed rocks, just when you really needed it to hook up like on short steep exposed rock climbs. Instead it wouldn't grip and thus your climbing momentum was ruined. Stay with the Ignitor.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
harris said:
I have a Weirwolf 2.55 LT on the front of my 29er, and I really like it. I only have a couple of rides one it, but i have noticed that it doesnt vibrate at all, no noticable rolling resistance, it doesnt pack up, even in sticky clay mud, and i can lean it alot. rather than gently lean, now i slam my bike into and through corners. I have a 2.1 ignitor on the back, and it is a little out-cushed by the WW, so im going to try an exiwolf 2.3 on the back, which will probably work a bit better.
I find the Ignitor to have more "cush" than the Exi, which has a harsh ride IMO.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Ww 2.55" Lt...

Pretty incredible tire in my opinion (and I've had a lot of tires in my day). It's been on the back of my rigid 29er for about 15 hard rides or so and has been thoroughly thrashed. First off this tire rolls fast, very fast. I have to almost try to make it break loose on tough climbs or when pushing it through hard corners. For how fast this tire rolls it really can climb and corner. It's held up to rocky trails so far. And while it's not a true 2.55" it's plenty big for all but the nastiest trails.

I'm sure this tire isn't going to hook up like a Nevegal but with the right tire pressure you'd almost have to go out of your way to loose traction on it. It's also going to kill the Nev and other full knobbies in the RR department. I use to be a full knobbie guy; then I discovered what a huge difference is made by going with a tire that has lower RR. Sure I've had to use more finesse when the trail gets technical but that just takes some practice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I live up in nor-cal, out on the coast north of san francisco. Here we have 2 rocks, and high traction, world class singletrack everywhere. Roots are present in large numbers, but rocks dont appear. While the ignitor is a cushy tire, it isnt quite what im looking for. I may go with a nevegal in the back, but i have an exiwolf that is almost new, and so im just gunna try, since it wont cost any. We also have a geax saguro 29x2.2 in the shop, which i may try.

thanks for your input though...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nice Dave, didn't realize you ordered a sheep too, WAY nice!!:D
When is the big day?? Going to Leadville for the next snow race??

·
elbow gloves
221 Posts
I just got my weirwolf mounted on the rig and love it. Paired with an Ignitor in the rear makes for a great combo here in southern AZ. If I felt confident in the clearance, i'd toss one on the rear but I had a bit of rubbing with the exi. Enjoy.

matt

·
Really I am that slow
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
around the 15th

miSSionary said:
Nice Dave, didn't realize you ordered a sheep too, WAY nice!!:D
When is the big day?? Going to Leadville for the next snow race??
It should show.....

I'll be doing the night race..... Hopefully if I can get a ride up there. I have to bottle on the 10th as well. You doing the race on the 10th?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
SlowerThenSnot said:
It should show.....

I'll be doing the night race..... Hopefully if I can get a ride up there. I have to bottle on the 10th as well. You doing the race on the 10th?
I hope to do the race. We may go up on the 9th to visit the folks if we do go. I talked to James today, think he is going, he may be able to help with the ride part. Is Ed going?? Sure we can find ya some way up there. If I do go (and go on the ninth) I could pick you up in like summit somewhere if you could take a shuttle or something...just a thought. Heck, keep me updated, we may not go until Sat. Lemme know.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.