Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
BMX:Our Shining Future
875 Posts
still can't recall the name of that Haro. But I went back to Owenhouse to look at it again. The cromoly steel bike is actually about $450 Aluminum is $650. No doubt about it. You could buy a twenty nine inch wheel and just bolt it right up to that steel fork (not the suspension front end(the steel fork is "suspension corrected" viola it has room for a twenty nine inch wheel and tire)). So then you have this HOT street rod that you can sixty nine in sixty seconds with a crescent wrench. I like it. I like it a lot.

I Want One!

Attachments

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Dremer03 said:
It to weed out the trolls and the A Holes from the normal members, that dont care what someone rides.
Do you really think it was intended to accomplish this? Do the terms "sarcasm" or "tongue-in-cheek" resonate?

·
The General
28 Posts
I'm not gonna knock Wally World bikes because my friend rides one but, by no means is he satisfied with it. He paid something like $150 for it. What I don't understand is why people wouldn't scour Craigslist before going to Wally World. I picked up my 05' Giant STP 1 off of Craigslist for $200 cause the kid got out of riding.

Deals are to be had if you look in the right places.

·
Registered
788 Posts
BarHopper said:
I'm not gonna knock Wally World bikes because my friend rides one but, by no means is he satisfied with it. He paid something like $150 for it. What I don't understand is why people wouldn't scour Craigslist before going to Wally World. I picked up my 05' Giant STP 1 off of Craigslist for $200 cause the kid got out of riding.

Deals are to be had if you look in the right places.
Well said!

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
My Walmart Bike is......

sitting in the garage stripped of the only decent thing i could get off of it, tubes and tires.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I agree with Chili and a few others.............the BEST bike is.............the one you RIDE !!! Our sport is about ridding NOT about who has the most $$$$ inna bike; or the most expensive components etc. It's about RIDDING THE DARN THING, so just ride and shut up!!!
NOT everyone has tons of $$$$ for a bike!! I know everyone out there ridding a not high dollar bike is just doing the best they can. Encourage them don't criticize them.

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
IRONMAN1518 said:
I agree with Chili and a few others.............the BEST bike is.............the one you RIDE !!! Our sport is about ridding NOT about who has the most $$$$ inna bike; or the most expensive components etc. It's about RIDDING THE DARN THING, so just ride and shut up!!!
NOT everyone has tons of $$$$ for a bike!! I know everyone out there ridding a not high dollar bike is just doing the best they can. Encourage them don't criticize them.
hey no high dollar bike here, Ive got a 35 dollar trek that ive slowly been upgrading, i have two walmart bike from my previous biking experience that rot away in my back yard

·
Registered
576 Posts
my walmart bike is...

My Walmart bike is... now at the dump.
My Walmart bike was heavily upgraded, leaving only the frame and handlebars stock.
My Walmart bike was ridden in 3 XC races, and 2 Super D races by me.
My Walmart bike had 4' of rear wheel travel, and with the upgraded rear shock, allowed the use of all 4'.
My walmart bike was flexy, and didnt do well when i stood up to sprint.
My walmart bike was heavy.
My walmart bike cost as much as some people's cranksets, or 1/4 of the cost of some people's wheelsets.
My Walmart bike helped me get back into mountain biking after not riding for almost a decade, and helped me get back in shape.
My Walmart bike got made fun of a lot.
My Walmart bike got funny looks when i passed dudes on 2000 dollar bikes.
My Walmart bike is now as the dump, because its usefullness has ended, but not without giving me many fond memories, and making me realize its truly not about what you ride, just that you do ride, and that you get in the woods and enjoy the outdoors, nature, and breathing burning lung fulls of fresh air heavy with the smells of decaying leaves, dirt, creeks, and all the awesome smells of the woods...
My walmart bike...... is not a top of the line mountain bike with hydro disc brakes, exotic frame materials, super light composite alloy wheelsets... does not have SRAM XO components, no hammerschmidt crankset, its not a 2x9 or a 2x10... it is not cutting edge, or even "entry level" by bike shop standards.... but its still a bike, and it might just be the avenue some folks take to finding our wonderful sport.
My Walmart bike... Gave me the same upgrade bug you caught when you bought your entry level LBS bike.... and i now own a used 08 mongoose khyber.
My Walmart bike.... is still a bike.

·
Professional Speed Bump
755 Posts
Well....my first bike was a Roadmaster and it nearly killed me when the front fork gave out on a curb drop, body slamming me on to the ground and then it decided to land on top of me.

Gave me a phobia with bikes for a while until a couple of years ago when my friend convinced me to get back on the saddle.

Actually bought it at K-Mart but I noticed that it's a Walmart bike now.

There are some brands that might be OK, like Schwinn but I really have my doubts about bikes that have a warning sticker that says "WARNING! Not intended for off-road use" slapped on to their mountain bike frames. I ride various terrains and you couldn't pay me to ride one of those on the trails I ride.

But if you're only going to be riding on pavement, then I think they're good enough...just don't do a curb drop.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.