Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vote for the new bullit...............to keep it extremely versatile! (in case anyone from SC is reading)

just a few tweeks..............
1)keep same frame, single pivot, tubes, do not mess with success. It is tough, inexpensive and proven.

2) A good replaceable derail hanger........ala intense, V10 etc

3) Modify shock shuttle to include 1 more setting; slack setting making the HA 66.5 / 67 degrees. This will lower the BB also.

4) Adjustable BB. The modified shock shuttle should be able to do this. Have 3 settings...... 15" in steep XC setting(69deg HA), 14.5 in FR setting(68 deg HA), and 14 in DH setting(66.5/67HA)

5) Keep it at 7", perfect travel for whatever, if you want less/more get a shorter/longer stroke shock.

6)Lenghten the CS to 17.2", long enough for stability short enough for easy slow dropping.

7) Add a maxle to the rear drop out

8) Floater option

9) better paint and/or Ano

10) Maybe a swing link but if not no biggy the maxle should stiffen it up enough

MHO

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Second all that except the Maxle rear...although if they gave it replaceable dropouts on both sides with the option of running either Maxle or QR it would be pretty cool, if that's even possible with the same hub spacing.

Also, they should offer it in Lime Green again...the green Bullits with the old red Super Ts were some rad-looking bikes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bullit Wish List

1. Standard seatpost size. Use the same as the Nomad, VP-Free, etc. 30.9

2. Same travel

3. Replaceable derailleur hanger, like VP-Free

4. I like the head angle adjustability mentioned above. Add another one to the two that are already there.

5. Anodized Colors

6. Air Shock, Coil options

7. Floating Brake

8. Keep the lines the same, no Nomad or Jackal design.

9. ISCG chainguide mounts.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mudd said:
Here it is.....
LOL, that was a photoshop job I did a while back. Uses a beefed up and extended Heckler swingarm (chainstays are taller), Jackal top tube, Heckler down tube, VP-Free seat tube gusset etc. Still got the psd file around here somewhere;)

Yah it's kinda ugly but it has the modern era SC vibe I reckon (V10, Nomad, Jackal etc)

I'd like to see the new Bullit at the same weight as the old one, single pivot, perhaps with an additional link for lateral stiffness (like the Yeti ASX) , coil/air options, 7" travel with options of 6 to 8 via a shuttle system like the old one. Full length seat tube is a must too. That's about it, not too fussed how it looks.

·
Living the Dream
1,798 Posts
Dude, I hear ya

FoShizzle said:
it pains me to see any Bullit posts....of all the bikes I have sold, the ONLY one I still regret selling to this day is my beloved Bullit. what an IDIOT!
What a great bike. I'll be rockin another one some day.

·
Living the Dream
1,798 Posts
Good point

TNC said:
Shuntavi, I like your list. I own two Bullits right now, old and new generation, and the model doesn't really require extensive changes. Simple, logical changes.
I like the 03-05 Geometry, except I would make a little lower and a little slacker. Design it to be 67 degrees around 160mm fork. I would love to have my old bullit back with the new RS Domain or 66SL. Drop the travel 40mm for climbs and rolling stuff, and jack it back up for the descent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.