Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
And you've been hiding these for how long??? This is great stuff. I watched the first one---my kind of trail; beautiful scenery. And the riding skill matches mine too--the guy dabbing to the other side of thecreek and supermanning into the sand---awesome.

edit--attempt?? not to worry there--you matched those guys with a unique trail and some good editing. just as good as those guys at the least!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cool Vids! Exactly what I needed at 2 a.m. Great music selection as well, I really appreciate the Social D. Haven't heard them in years. Thanks for sharing.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Spectacular debut!

Where have you been hiding? These are great, and spectacular quality. The fall colors and late sun on the Utah one are very beautiful, and nice music. Thanks, it's been too long since somebody posted a XC video. I've added you to my video links page :thumbsup:

·
Solum Volamus
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Thanks...it just took me a long time to sit down and build the website. I learned a lot about the "how to" from your site Wherewolf, so that was really helpful. Look forward to making some more this summer between deployments and when I can wrangle some friends into riding with me ;) Still have a lot to learn...those vids show my learning curve pretty well. Definitely makes for great memories though!

Beau

·
Solum Volamus
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Canon MiniDV

I am using a Canon Optura 50 MiniDV camera with a Canon wide angle lens mounted to my helmet. The capture and edit software is ULead's Media Studio Pro 7.0 and to compress it is TMPG Encoder. It looks like MSP 8.0 is out now, so I might have to upgrade to that. Anyone know if it is any better?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
cool video, great music.

I wish I could ride with guys named Rooster and Hammer. Though I do ride with a Wherewolf, which is kind of cool too.

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
care to share the details of your mounting system?

TUMBLEWEED said:
I am using a Canon Optura 50 MiniDV camera with a Canon wide angle lens mounted to my helmet. The capture and edit software is ULead's Media Studio Pro 7.0 and to compress it is TMPG Encoder. It looks like MSP 8.0 is out now, so I might have to upgrade to that. Anyone know if it is any better?

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Yes and no

TUMBLEWEED said:
It looks like MSP 8.0 is out now, so I might have to upgrade to that. Anyone know if it is any better?
MSP 8.0 is much better than 7.0, except it has been a bit buggy for me. Too bad because I really like it, and much more than the Premiere Pro trial versions I've tried twice now. I might even sell you mine really cheap and move on to Premiere Pro though.

·
Solum Volamus
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my ghetto rig...

Ok...here are a couple pics of my setup. It is ghetto-fabulous, but works for me. I went with the side-mount due to the amount of overgrowth and vegetation on the Korean trails. Would have destroyed the camera if it was on top. I might try the top-mount now that my trails are more open. The camera is inside a wall electric box and I used an old tube filled with lead weights to balance it out. It is more comfortable then it looks...but still takes some getting used too.

Beau

Attachments

·
Solum Volamus
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dodge ridge

imjps said:
Wow.

Very nice job, v e r y n i c e !!!

I like the way you have put the Location, Riders, Music, etc

jps
jps,

You were wondering about the dodge ridge link...I grew up in Sonora so that is like my "home" ski area. You always have good memories from your first time! There is some good riding up there in the summer too...check out the Pinecrest Peak trail sometime. That is one sweet downhill.

Beau

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Yep,

Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it.

Let us know when your'e coming out to visit

jps

TUMBLEWEED said:
jps,

You were wondering about the dodge ridge link...I grew up in Sonora so that is like my "home" ski area. You always have good memories from your first time! There is some good riding up there in the summer too...check out the Pinecrest Peak trail sometime. That is one sweet downhill.

Beau

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.