Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just completed my rebuild, and it turned out even better than I had hoped for. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. If you want more simply check out my blog....Thanks for looking.

A bunch of guys do this build spec thing so here goes:
Wheels:
CK SS hubs
Sapim Straight spokes (modified Crows foot lacing)
Mavic a719 hoops
Kenda Nevegals (with tubes)
Brakes:
BB7s
SRAM levers (great feel)
Full length pink housing (preped, and dialed)
Gecko rotor (front 203 mm)
Avid rotor (160 mm rear)
Drive train
Eno Cranks
Phil BB (113 mm symmetric)
Boone rings front and rear
SRAM PC58 chain
Controls:
JJ Hbars
Thomson stem (15 degree by 140?mm)
Cinelli bar tape (no grips)
Primo bar ends
Brooks green B17
Moots set back post
CK pink headset with custom spacer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Poop

brado1 said:
does it say poop? photo kinda fuzzy, i haven't check your blog yet

cool! huh, huh, huh he said poop :thumbsup:
It is a long story, all my bikes have poop on them:thumbsup: .

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first post and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. So here it goes, I dont understand why there is a bunch of you guys pimping out KM. I mean sweet ride but WTF man you cant shine up a turd its just a piece of sh!t. I just dont understand the fixation of pimping one out. Cool bikes but there heavy and there brown I think they are trying to tell you something when they make there own bikes brown.:madman: :D :thumbsup:

Well now I cant wait to here the backlash from all you KM lovers.:madmax:

·
Registered
578 Posts
C-Dog29 said:
This is my first post and I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. So here it goes, I dont understand why there is a bunch of you guys pimping out KM. I mean sweet ride but WTF man you cant shine up a turd its just a piece of sh!t. I just dont understand the fixation of pimping one out. Cool bikes but there heavy and there brown I think they are trying to tell you something when they make there own bikes brown.:madman: :D :thumbsup:

Another troll is born... great first post!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
its all good.

C-Dog29 said:

your opinion is valid...I just do not agree. I could have had a custom Ti frame made for me, and dressed it to the hilt, but I did not want to.

This bike rides better (in my opinion) than anything else I have thrown a leg over (I have tried more than a few). I do not care about weight, I think the topic of bike weight so over rated....

Again, I appreciate your opinion, but I must disagree that the bike is a turd....poop may be, but not a turd.

Regardless, if it was a $20,000 uber build from an artist/builder, some dude would jump on that and pound on idea of spending too much money on a bike...I do not intend to please everyone, nor did I do this to please anyone other than myself....I just thought I would post it up, because I get a kick out of seeing everyone else's bikes....so I thought I would return the favor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know what Im talking about and how to bling a bike. I was just wondering why some would do such a thing to a monkey. One its not right and PETA dosent like it when you doll up animals so thats is what I was trying to get at. More power to you all if thats what you like but in my book there are just some things you do and dont do and other things that you :D just dont tell people that you do.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
unit said:
I do not intend to please everyone, nor did I do this to please anyone other than myself.....
:thumbsup:

C-Dog29 said:
but in my book there are just some things you do and dont do and other things that you :D just dont tell people that you do.
my friend use to say that about fat women, I dunno though ;)

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
KM=cool bike

Its just personalizing. Hell, would you want to have a KM just like everybody else?:nono: I wouldn't. I'd have to bling it up a little. Just to make it all mine. And by the way, you can polish a turd. You just have to be gentle with it or you end up with a mess:skep:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is to get?

ferrousness said:
Sorry KM owners, I don't get it either.
You don't like the KM? I don't see anything wrong with that. I assume you have ridden one and do not like the ride characteristics...

Would it make more sense it Surly charged 1200 for the frame?

I ride what I like, and it pleases me that so many people have an opinion one way or the other. Keep them coming...good and bad.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
I understand as well

There are some people with the overwhelming desire to bling stuff up.:D Hell, I would probably run a Huffy with XTR and carbon h-bars:skep: ..And be just as proud as can be to explain to you why I felt that it was necessary. And surely you know that the KM is an awesome bike and a lot of people got their introduction to 29ers with the KM..However, you must let us know why you have "POOP" on your ride:yikes:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.