Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Lefty Family

Flash Ultimate with New Parts plus up-coming new parts (SCRUB rotors and TUNE wheelset)

Bars: Schmolke Carbon SL 580mm
Bars Ends: Tune
Grips: ESI Chunky Green
Seat: Custom colour Fizik Gobi XM Carbon Rails
Chain: KMC gold X10SL 2010
Cables: Nokon Carbon Fiber
Pedals: Eggbeaters
Other bits: TUNE DC QR Skewer, Project 321 Lefty Hub Cap,
E.Ceramic Bearings on Lefty Hub, 160mm rear rotor

Team Scalpel 09

Rear Shock: DT Swiss XR Carbon
Bars: 3T XIDA LTD 590mm
Grips: Ergon GX1
Brakes: Formula R1 carbon levers with Formula floating rotor 160mm
Shifters: XTR with Yumeya
Cables: Nokon Carbon Fiber
Front and Rear Derailleur: XTR with Yumeya
Seat: Custom colour Fizik Gobi XM Carbon Rails
Seat Post and Clamp: Thomson, Master-piece
Crankset & Chainrings: Si Hollowgram SL with Carbon Ti 44-32-22 rings
Chain: KMC gold X9SL
Cassette: XTR with Yumeya
Pedals: Eggbeaters
Wheel & Rims: I9 with DT Swiss XR 4.2D and E.Zero Ceramic Bearings
Tire: Schwalbe Racing Ralph & Rocket Ron 2.10
Other bits: Carbon Ti QR Skewer, Project 321 Lefty Hub Cap

And finally my commute to work Hooligan 9

Bars: FSA K-FORCE
Grips: Ergon GX1
Tire: Schwalbe Durano 1.10
Cables: Jagwire
Seat: Fizik Tundra Carbon Rails

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Some feedback/report on my Flash Ultimate

thor128 said:
please let me know some feedback on the ride, etc as i just ordered
one and anxious to hear

m
I've only done about 25miles mostly on hill roads, gravel paths and easy dirt tracks and I can say it feels awesome. I forgot how fast a Hardtail rides especially on long steep hills.
The flash does feels abit longer than my Scalpel. My arms feel they are further out. I haven't check out the geometry but I think I might need to adjust the angle of the saddle and the handle bars.
The Seat-post is work of art. It gives you some flex and feels that it can absorb small bumps on the trail. I changed the stock saddle for a Gobi XM, I know I sacrifice weigh for comfort but my bum love's the Gobi.:D
I'm using ESI grips. Nice. Light. Good grip. Easy to clean. They don't slip at all. Actually I never hear of them until I saw them on Dan.G website. (Thanks' Dan):thumbsup:

The Sram XX set is amazing. Everything they say is true and some more.
Shifting is fast and "silky smooth". Shifting the big Chainring to small Chainring and vice versa is super fast. As eliflap had mention it takes like 000000.1sec. You don't even feel it changing when you're pedaling.
Trigger shifter has a nice firm feel to them. XTR shifters I still like, as you can pull on the triggers. Maybe Sram will come up with a grip shift for the XX (Wishful thinking)
The XX brakes I can't comment on as I haven't really broken them in yet. They feel like they have good power and lots of modulation. I will be fitting Scrub Rotors on so it's going to take twice as long to break them in. On another note I still think the Formula R1's is one of the best XC brake set on the market. We will see if XX brakes can do better.

The wheelset is just sexy as!! Love the carbon rims.:cool: The rear hub is a custom DT swiss 190 hub but I was disappointed that the front hub was just a white Cannondale lefty hub. It would have been cool if they asked DT Swiss or Mavic to come up with one. Anyway I will be purchasing a new pair of wheelset ( Tune+ZTR Crest Rim+Sapim spokes).
Tires on my Flash came with standard Schwalbe F.Fred. The writing/font wasn't green like you see on the Cannondale website. I don't know why that was? Lucky for me I bought an earlier set from eliflap's Flash Ultimate (Cheers for that).:thumbsup:

Will be looking forward to my first race at the end of the month.:drumroll:

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
My pleasure, ESI are great!

Word on the street, on the trail I should say is that SRAM do have XX Grip Shifts in the works...

As for the front hub, no need to be disappointed, I doubt DT and Mavic (Mavic even more) would have done a front lefty hub that's an improvement over a Cannondale Lefty hub. You could go with a Tune Cannonball SL or a Extralite if you want to drop a few grams and have a more 'special' build. The Extralite Lefty hubs are beauties! Not sure they make them white though...

And finally: awsome bikes! I'm tempted to buy my girlfriend a Hooligan, she used to ride my BMX around town, she doesn't do long distance to go to work and such so she liked the BMX... but it got stolen.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
My pleasure, ESI are great!

Word on the street, on the trail I should say is that SRAM do have XX Grip Shifts in the works...

As for the front hub, no need to be disappointed, I doubt DT and Mavic (Mavic even more) would have done a front lefty hub that's an improvement over a Cannondale Lefty hub. You could go with a Tune Cannonball SL or a Extralite if you want to drop a few grams and have a more 'special' build. The Extralite Lefty hubs are beauties! Not sure they make them white though...

And finally: awsome bikes! I'm tempted to buy my girlfriend a Hooligan, she used to ride my BMX around town, she doesn't do long distance to go to work and such so she liked the BMX... but it got stolen.
not on white the Extralite ....only black

and the Tune Cannonball on white only normal verison not SL

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scalpel226 said:
I want to ask where did you get the Hooligan 9 from? I couldn't see it on C'dale website.....just Hooligan 3 and 8.......
You can't unless you import it from Japan. The Hooligan 9 is (I think) just for the Japanese Market. I've seen it on the Cannondale Japan website. The story go's......a batch of them mistakenly arrive in HK that was suppose to be ship to Japan. The owner of my LBS (Flying-Ball) decided to keep them and sell them off as an exclusive item to his staff/friends etc. so I was lucky to get one.:D

I did see one last month but the price was almost triple the amount that I paid for:eek:

·
Registered
363 Posts
XgreygOOse said:
You can't unless you import it from Japan. The Hooligan 9 is (I think) just for the Japanese Market. I've seen it on the Cannondale Japan website. The story go's......a batch of them mistakenly arrive in HK that was suppose to be ship to Japan. The owner of my LBS (Flying-Ball) decided to keep them and sell them off as an exclusive item to his staff/friends etc. so I was lucky to get one.:D

I did see one last month but the price was almost triple the amount that I paid for:eek:
Oh! I see. thanks mate......You know they have any Schwalbe tires for sell at this stage? I would like to get the Racing Ralph from Flying Ball!;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lars K. P. said:
I live in Denmark, but last year I was lucky visting Hong Kong and your LBS (Flying Ball). What a shop for us C'dale lovers. Can only recommed a visit to everyone if the come to HK.
You should see it now. They've moved shop (around the corner) Its amazing. Huge place now:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.