Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We took a trip to Moab in late May, and it was one of the best trips I've been on :thumbsup: The desert heat and altitude change was really hard on the body. I was really beat after 6 days of solid riding :) I'll let the pictures do the talking!

After we got there, we figured it'd be good to take it easy on the first day. So we rode

Bar M + Baby Steps:

On the second day, we continued onto Amasa's Back

Porcupine Rim:

He hit the bar a few minutes before. Time to stretch!

Slick Rock: I thought it was my least favouriate trail. There was pretty much no flow to it. Just lots of climbing :(

Sovereign:

Lion's Back

Look for the car

Arches National Park

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KRob said:
Moab is great. Looks like you had an epic week. Was it your first time there? Where did you visit from?
It was definitely our first time visiting. We flew in from Ontario, or Onterrible. The MTBing here is nothing compared to Utah.

I find all the trails in Ontario are somewhat boring after getting back from Moab. Oh, such is life :p

JackFromNC said:
Looks awesome. I hope you got to see the Parade of Elephants in Arches Park.
Haha, where are the elephants? I guess I saw a bunch of rocks that looked like submarines, but nothing like elephants. Maybe I wasn't paying close attention :( The walk up to the Delicate Arch alone was worth the visit.

Mac102 said:
Whoa , cant much better than that
Totally agreed!

ebineezer said:
great pictures! i hope to make it out there someday
You definitely should if the opportunity arises. We only spent about $1000 each staying at a motel, and eating in 50% of the time!

·
fan of maple syrup
1,581 Posts
So 4WD's go up and down that Lions Back for fun, I'm wondering whether the skinnier version to the right in those photos would be worthy for MTB? Take some balls to ride, yes. But I'd watch if someone else gave it a crack (had a go).

Great photos of what looks like a great trip.

·
Registered
626 Posts
macming I do hate you.:) I envy you so much. Awesome pictures.:)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
nuclear_powered said:
So 4WD's go up and down that Lions Back for fun
Used to... I believe the land sold a few years ago and it is now private property/closed to vehicles.

·
fan of maple syrup
1,581 Posts
Yeah I found that on YouTube a while ago as well. Here's the longer version:

So freakin lucky to be alive.

To the OP - did you have your bikes with you? Think of giving it a go?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nuclear_powered said:
Yeah I found that on YouTube a while ago as well. Here's the longer version:

So freakin lucky to be alive.

To the OP - did you have your bikes with you? Think of giving it a go?
I did have the bike with me, but after riding slick rock, coming down Lion's back won't be a challenge really :) You really get used to riding 70 degree inclines on a regular basis.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts