Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
sweet deal...

either you got a brand new bike that has just been sitting for years or your damn good at polishing cause that thing looks brand new!

is it a 1 1/8" headset??? if so, your so money you don't even know it....

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm sure it is...

I have a Trek 970 with almost the exact same colors-- Scary!! Anyways, I think mine is a few years older than yours and I have the 1-1/8" stem so I think you are set. That is also in great shape! Nice steal!

·
Registered
148 Posts
i think the 7000 is actually a little older than your 970. ive got a 970 just like yours, (tho much smaller) and i know its a 95. Yours looks pretty nice as well. My frame's kinda hammered but not dead yet. the 7000 has the trek "mogul" shock, dating it back to 93-94 maybe? assumming its original equip.

·
Super Moderator
20,745 Posts
It is a 1994 7000

Hi!

If I remember correctly it s a 1994 model, the 1995 was green/blue (i had one ;) ). I used to work at a trek dealer back then and remember that I used to drool over it :d. I am positive that the head tube is for 1 1/8" forks. (I just sold my old 1996 8000 frame 2 months ago)

Enjoy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.