Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, and this is my first SS. It is a Lynsky Pro29 with DT wheels, Ritchey WCS carbon, an ENO crank, and a Boone drivetrain (big props to Mike at http://www.singleandfixed.com/ for delivering on the Boone cog and chainring). I weighs 20.43 lbs on my scale. It is a total blast to ride! I also plan to race it, including a winter short track series on an MX course that we have in our area. But it's first real adventure will be a trip to Taos in 2 weeks...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first impression of this bike is that it is quick. It accelerates and turns very quickly. It is also very smooth for a rigid bike. The 29 inch wheels and 2.2 tires probably bring that characteristic... It is geared at 32x18 in the photo. That works great around here in Austin, and should race well. But I will throw on a 22t cog when I get to Taos for the longer climbs.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey this is too funny. I got the same bike 2 weeks ago. Mine is geared 32/20 with eno crank that are 170 mm long since I am riding this as a fix gear. My hubs are red Phill woods.

I call it my Magic Carpet since it is not fair to call it a bike since it is so smooth. Mine is 20lbs since I run only one brake in the front.

All in all super smooth bike

Dan
Vermont

·
Registered
427 Posts
You will love Taos! i rode a fun but hell ride there this weekend! here is a link to the ride report. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=445056 taller gearing helps a lot up there in the high altitude. also, drop Greg De Taos a line and he can show you around. he knows that place well. sweet bike and have fun!

Edit: Oops, i just saw that you posted on that forum. enjoy Taos, it is sick!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Too bad that frame is so flexy that it doesn't track straight... I am only 160 FYI... Let they flaming begin...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts