Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ted in real life
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many posts about sticking pistons and have suffered with it for most of the two years I have had my Louise FR's. I got a brainstorm last week and decided that the problem might be that the pistons are not true to the rotor. This would happen if the calipers are a little twisted with respect to the rotor due to poor mounting or frame misalignment. I figure that the pistons might get a little cocked in their shafts and not move freely. To test this out I took my bike into a local shop yesterday and got the frame and fork gnannomated. I should have done this two years ago when I got my frame but I was too eager just to ride. Today I put in new pads because the old ones may have been worn untrue and spent a lot of time getting the alignment as perfect as I can. Time will tell. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
345 Posts
My thoughts

Ted said:
I have read many posts about sticking pistons and have suffered with it for most of the two years I have had my Louise FR's. I got a brainstorm last week and decided that the problem might be that the pistons are not true to the rotor. This would happen if the calipers are a little twisted with respect to the rotor due to poor mounting or frame misalignment. I figure that the pistons might get a little cocked in their shafts and not move freely. To test this out I took my bike into a local shop yesterday and got the frame and fork gnannomated. I should have done this two years ago when I got my frame but I was too eager just to ride. Today I put in new pads because the old ones may have been worn untrue and spent a lot of time getting the alignment as perfect as I can. Time will tell. Any thoughts?
I think you have a point I think that the caliper beeing shifted to one side and only one piston doing the action causes it as well, I line mine up with a feeler gauge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.