Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lotto baby
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got out for another post-break ride this past weekend. i guess i can almost officially say 'i'm back' to riding.

the weather was perfect for riding this weekend. if you didn't get out, you missed some great sunny skies and nice cold weather - my favorite time of year for riding. the trails at CR were alright - the more southern loops (the smaller loops next to the newman's lane parking lot) were in great shape for riding. the TM that's been going on there has been really effective. they were pretty dry, with lots and lots of leaves covering up the trail (i only lost the trail once) but at least they were dry and crunchy. the northern spots (across from the reservoir and off of gilbride) were not so nice. the trails were pretty wet still, with the one climb/hill right off of gilbride still having some water running down it (mostly in the rocky sections, but still real wet). if it stays dry for a couple more days, CR should be having some prime conditions by tuesday or so.

my riding is holding steady - i'm not feeling as slow i as was in the prior rides, but i am still slow as a snail. what was nice about this ride is i didn't need to take any breaks, so i rode my entire loop straight through which felt GREAT (well i did stop once real quick for a couple pics) - . i feel like the legs are coming back - and so are the lungs. i'm now trying to get myself in shape for when my bro-in-law comes up for xmas - that way i can show him around the sourlands and actually lead. its been a slow and steady come back so far, but its coming back.

i also saw a couple familiar faces while i was out - good to see you guys.

anyway, hope you all had some good rides like i did!

some pics - the first - there's a trail somewhere in those leaves... the second - my ride and some sun.

Attachments

·
lotto baby
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if it stays dry for a couple more days, CR should be having some prime conditions by tuesday or so.

and as soon i finished writing this, it started pouring out... oh well.

·
Sir Shreds-A-Lot
1,076 Posts
i was up at cr on sunday too. very nice temps for riding. still a little slippery here and there, it always the rocky climbs that get me sliding around. overall pretty good riding. supposed to rain all day today which isnt really going to help anything

·
lotto baby
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
obs08 said:
i was up at cr on sunday too. very nice temps for riding. still a little slippery here and there, it always the rocky climbs that get me sliding around. overall pretty good riding. supposed to rain all day today which isnt really going to help anything
yeah this rain blows. i'm hoping the rest of the week is warmer/dryer so we can get some dry trails for the weekend... i know its only monday - but i'm getting the bug

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
clarkenstein said:
yeah this rain blows. i'm hoping the rest of the week is warmer/dryer so we can get some dry trails for the weekend... i know its only monday - but i'm getting the bug
i've been at work 2 hours this week and I've got the bug already. if we miss these possible showers on thursday, saturday could be a great riding day. Rode Fountainhead in VA over the holiday and it was great but I need some Ringwood or Blue this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts