Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I just dug up this old photo of my '89 Stumpjumper Comp right after I got it back from my cousin. His nephew stripped the decals off of it thinking that my cousin gave it to him when he let him take it for a ride (you can still see the residue from the decals on the frame). This is before I converted it into my commuter bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
hello YoKris,
I am seeking Specialized Stumpjumper repro decals for a restoration project. if you still have access to the decals mentioned in your mtbr.com posting - please let me know.
thanks!
DAVID (EL_MATADOR)

·
Registered
114 Posts
hello thybosan,
I am interested to know if you can get hold of any more Specialized Direct Drive Tange Prestige cro-mo decals - for the seat tube. I have the same year Stumpjumper as you posted on mtbr.com - and want to restore the frame and fork, new powdercoat and decals. thanks!
-DAVID (EL_MATADOR)

·
Registered
25 Posts
EL_MATADOR said:
hello YoKris,
I am seeking Specialized Stumpjumper repro decals for a restoration project. if you still have access to the decals mentioned in your mtbr.com posting - please let me know.
thanks!
DAVID (EL_MATADOR)
Hey David....

yes, I do! If your interested, just give a pm concerning color and amount.

cheers,
//yo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I m trying to rebuilt a 89' stumpjumper (in France).
Any supports are weldom.
(Need stickers, sadle, grips, tires, and sole help to understand the cable routing, especially in stem.
Hey!

Well...nice job, but your decals are not true to original. This is a pic of mine - originally a '92. I've built it up as the one shown in the '91 brochure.

Starting basis:

Result:

And these are the decals I reproduced! If somebody needs a set - fell free and give me a Mail/PM!

cheers
//yo

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey!

Well...nice job, but your decals are not true to original. This is a pic of mine - originally a '92. I've built it up as the one shown in the '91 brochure.

Starting basis:

Result:

And these are the decals I reproduced! If somebody needs a set - fell free and give me a Mail/PM!

cheers
//yo
Yeah, like that alot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice bikes....brings back memories of my 1986 SJ Team....the Pink bike with a lugged frame. That was a beauty. I still have the thumb shifters and F/R derailluers.
I remember doing a race in FL as a kid (amtr)
the SPECIALIZED team guys were their to race, obviously pro div,but they had those pink bikes that were crazy cool!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts