Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mmuaahaha dont you love the innuendo... it looks like my chap was/is bent... the shaft on my romic is loose on the inside of the shock body side to side... and the piston feels disconnected... i hope it doesnt explode 2morrow at mountain creek (diablo) :( . has anyone had this problem before?? is there a way to tighten it myself? it looks like everything is going back to banshee :rolleyes: but it seems like their warantee is really good (the cracked frame replacement.. forgot his name)... if anyone has pointers let me know. Also, if anyone will be at mountain creek 2morro (sunday) let me know.. always lookin for people to ride with.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
Oh yeah, i had a similer problem with the piston seperating from the shaft. The claimed cause was piston drag, and it definitely "broke". I do not think it is a matter of "screwing back on, it's probably had it.

Romics are trash IMO.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah, you beat me to it zedro. Id stay off that bike, and rent. With a shock thats about to go bust, you could get pretty f*cked up dood.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guess what happened!!

i took the first run super slow.... and at the bottom i heard this POP... and then the ride got reallly smooooth and pogo-stick-y, and oil leaked out of the shaft (more innuendo!)... guess what happened everybody!!! the piston disconnected! :) boy that was fun haha, i ended up renting after that... the day was still good. i got some sick footage, if i can get it on the computer ill post it. gunna send back the banshee and shock this week, ride on all

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
your lucky man, what if you took a drop, it pops and the lack of damping sends you into a knarly OTB...

dont try this at home kids...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yea... thats why i decided to take it slow lol... i wanted to break it on the first run tho, so id be able to rent for the rest of the day w/o worrying about it. yea dude if i went off the new 26.750939foot table with that i woulda nosed from 20ft in the air... or was it 60000ft in the air? ya never can tell these days

1 - 8 of 8 Posts