Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used bike. I love almost everything about it, except that the seat smells like the previous owner's ass! It's just repugnant...I go riding for 10 minutes and my shorts smell like someone else's ass. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean it? It's not a very big saddle...there isn't a lot of padding, so I imagine some cleaning chemicals could penetrate through. I'd appreciate any advice.

Mike

· Old man on a bike
12,390 Posts
You were expecting maybe it was going to

smell like something else? Get a new saddle and it'll only smell like your ass in due time. Try tieing it up in a pillow case (it won't sound so bad that way) and throw it in a load of wash of your underwear, so at least your ass might prevail.

· Registered
839 Posts
hummm, thats odd. Maybe you should do a few rides w/o your shorts to mark it yours?

wayne

· Ouch, I am hot!
4,761 Posts
Crap on the saddle. If your a$$ is more powerful than his a$$, your a$$ will drown out his a$$ and we all know our own sh!t smells better than anyone else's. If however, you do not have a powerful a$$, I suggest a WTB saddle.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've owned bikes for a long period of time. Perhaps partly due to basic hygiene, never has such an evil ass pungence existed on one of my seats. I almost want to exorcise it.

This is a serious post. It's a great saddle but I need to remove some of the funk. Any suggestions?

· Registered
129 Posts
My suggestion

is to eat some beans and prunes. Wait about 30 mins then go riding, im sure the smell comming from your ass will for sure over take the previous owners ass smell.

· Ouch, I am hot!
4,761 Posts
How can this be a serious post? If the saddle truly has ass on it, the only serious thing to do is get another saddle. There is no way I am going to rely on some chemical cleanant to be the only thing between my ass and the evil fumes of another's ass.

Frugality, or even lack of funds, can only be taken so far and certainly not as far as ass.

· Old man on a bike
12,390 Posts
I was serious about the washing machine..

as a suggestion, really. Personally I'd get a new saddle; I usually don't smell my shorts or saddles under any circumstances...that's just wrong.

· Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
as a suggestion, really. Personally I'd get a new saddle; I usually don't smell my shorts or saddles under any circumstances...that's just wrong.
Sounds like somone doing a naked crit on that saddle lol

· bonkin' clyde
834 Posts
thanks

Viking said:
I just bought a used bike. I love almost everything about it, except that the seat smells like the previous owner's ass! It's just repugnant...I go riding for 10 minutes and my shorts smell like someone else's ass. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean it? It's not a very big saddle...there isn't a lot of padding, so I imagine some cleaning chemicals could penetrate through. I'd appreciate any advice.

Mike
Thanks for.....uhh, uhh..WRETCH...sharing....

Use bleach-based cleaner which will cook any smell and then apply a little axe body spray...from smelling like ass to chick magnet...

· Registered
376 Posts
lol serious post i know but it is quickly getting funny ...

don't know about bleach might damage the leather ... but you might ask at a leather shop, no not the s&m kind, although now that i think about it they might be the perfect place to ask ...i bet they get questions like that all the time ... :p :D

seriously though ...you might ask the manufacturer ...

· Registered
2,851 Posts
LOL! If it were me I'd just get a new one but if I really wanted to keep it I'd just take my chances and drop it in the washing machine and then scrub it good with a brush and soap. If it gets messed up, oh well, I should have bought a new one anyway.

· Registered
6 Posts
Mine always do..

Viking said:

Mike
I wonder if you bought it from me?

· Registered
1,485 Posts
As I see it, you have 3 options...

Option 1.) Buy a new-sweet smelling saddle.

Option 2.) Learn to live with the smell of someone elses a$$.

Option 3.) Buy "Odorcides Animal Odor Eliminator Spray". Eliminates, not masks, odors from anal gland secretion, tomcat spray, necrotic tissue, urine, feces, emesis, etc..

Attachments

· Registered
37 Posts
Dude, your nose is way to sensitive. AND you are sniffing around way to much....

Last I checked, unless I was riding backwards, I smelled what was in front of me when I was riding, not what wasunder my own crack.

So:

1) ride forward
2) go faster
3) this will force you to inhale through your mouth, not your nose
4) Relax, don't worrry, have a (home)brew.

· surly inbred
1,541 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
Option 1.) Buy a new-sweet smelling saddle.
Please... by all means necessary go with option # 1 !!! I just can't bear the thought of a fellow rider being forced to suffer second-hand ass. It's just wrong. Desperate times call for desperate measures, so as a service to you and the injustices of bad ass bike sellers everywhere; I would be more than willing to donate a shiny,brand new, comfy, ass-free butt holder to alleviate your concerns.

:D ,
mud

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.