Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grabbed a RX29 off chainlove a little bit ago and finished the build last weekend. The weather has been pretty crappy the last week so I have not yet ridden her as I would have liked. This is my second 29er and my 5th Titus. I have had a switchblade, a motolite and two racer-x's so I have a good feeling that she will ride great.

Anyway here are the build spec:

Titus Racer-X 29er - Medium
Manitou Minute 80mm
Stans Arch Rims
WTB Laserdisc Lite Hubs (silver)
Panaracer Rampage Tires (tubless with stans and yellow rim tape)
XTR cranks (stripped and hand polished) w/ Blackspire rings
Phil Wood external BB
Time pedals
Chris King headset
Thomson Stem (100mm)
On One Mary bars
Oury Grips
Shimano XT disc brakes
SRAM X9 shifters
XT Front deraileur
SRAM X0 rear deraileur
SRAM 990 cassette
RaceFace Deus seatpost
WTB Rocket V saddle

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Looks good! I have a similar build RX29er. So far a very fun bike.

BTW, isn't the RX29er designed around a 100mm fork? I'm running an 09 Reba Team at 100mm, and it feels great.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Don't want to speak for anyone, but I have the same fork and it seems to sit really high for an 80mm. I could totally see it working on a bike designed for a 4" fork.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cowdog said:
Looks good! I have a similar build RX29er. So far a very fun bike.

BTW, isn't the RX29er designed around a 100mm fork? I'm running an 09 Reba Team at 100mm, and it feels great.

I've heard conflicting info on the fork for this bike. Some say 80mm and some say 100mm. I'll try it with the 80 ans see how it feels.

BTW: can a manitou minute 80 be turned in to a 100? are there any shims to remove/add to make it a 100?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice build Mojo. Be sure to give us ride report. I just built one myself. Love how it rides so far but I've been on the road more than dirt so far this year.

Weight?

Edit: Mary bar seems like an interesting choice for a race bike?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Nice looking build. I just did one off chainlove a couple of weeks ago 899.00 a small. 6.3 lbs frame. Much fun first ride yest. Current build weight..................30lbs. yikes (still running heavy adjustable setup stem and seatpost.)
Well, on the flats the thing drives itself. "These things practically fly themselves."
Reba 09/20mm ta u-turn 4 lbs.
XTR
Spinergy with Ardents Run ghetto.
Ardent front and Ardent reverse tread in rear. (as of today had nano in rear ....yikes kicking to the curb.)
Man those wheels obsorb shock like crazy in 29" wheel size also.
Very firm pedaling platform high compression tuned rp23 (I custom built a remote for it...not sure if its need with only 80mm or so of travel. Can't really feel the rear shock working much in the back, the big wheels do all of the job.)
Wheeee more right 10 feet and adjust today.

Edit : Oh yea, and my I forgot my heavy a&*ss seat I put on it...

80mm I beleive. At least I would generally stay around 80-90 in the size small. My 90mm with a 46mm offset feels pretty good. Also, the 20mm axle
makes such a difference I will probably only feel the need to dial it up for very long decents when I am real tired.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Weight comes in around just over 27 lbs. I couls know a pound or so off of it but not without spending some $$$$ so I cool with the way it is now.

The marys came off my other bike when I transferred parts. I like the bar, but I'll see how it goes on this bike. I may put my low rise syntace bar on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts