Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted a request for anyone who was looking to sell a used road bike....well, I finally made a purchase. I brought it home last night and took a few crappy snapshots ;)

It's a Norco CRD-2.

Whatchya'll think?

Attachments

·
Space for rent...
1,012 Posts
I think...

...you need to work on you "tidying the basement" skills! :)

Nice wheels...We want details (how much/where from/how does she ride?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SSteve F said:
...you need to work on you "tidying the basement" skills! :)

Nice wheels...We want details (how much/where from/how does she ride?)
Yeah, I'll work on those skills as soon as we get through the "tired all the time, because my boy is up all night screaming because he's teething" phase.... :(

Details....I got it from Rapid City bikes in St.Catharines for $812 out the door, including the pedals and cleats. It had some non-spd pedals on it, had them swapped for some cheap spd compatibles. It has a decent computer on it. It is a 2005 model. The story is, a mountain biker bought it, never got into it, and recently traded it in for another mtb. I was told it has 300 miles on it, still got the original tires/brake pads. It does look like a new bike. The shop mechanic went over it and says it was hardly used and I believe him.

As to how it rides......I spent 20 minutes on a trainer and rode it around the block a few times before buying it. Thats the extent of my time on the bike, but it seems good so far. Everything is operating right. Fit is good.

I'm hoping to get out for an extended ride this weekend. I'm tempted to go out tonight, but my wife would kill me. The grandparents are babysitting, so mommy and daddy can go out for dinner and have some time to ourselves.....and no, tidying the basement is not high on the list of activities we have planned ;)

·
dirt roadie
468 Posts
Looks nice! Riding a skinny-tired bike on the road is so much faster than an mtb :) I find that riding on the road/paved trails is just as fun as riding off road.
With all the new road/cross bikes popping up on this forum, we Niagara mtbr's should have a group road ride.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
zedfoto said:
I find that riding on the road/paved trails is just as fun as riding off road.
:skep: I have not found that. Am I doing it wrong? :lol:
zedfoto said:
With all the new road/cross bikes popping up on this forum, we Niagara mtbr's should have a group road ride.
I might be ok with that.

·
Registered
685 Posts
rkj__ said:
:skep: I have not found that. Am I doing it wrong? :lol:

I think he meant can be almost as much fun as mountain biking I just got in from 40km on the road this evening, a couple of escarpment climbs ( a little bit of walking on Bell School Line) to get the old ticker going. Road riding is different, helps build some endurance, but I like mountain biking a whole lot better, will be stopping in at Kelso on the way home tomorrow - rode by the Summit lot tonight, parking lot was 3/4 full!!

Nice bike VC, don't worry about the basement!!

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
zedfoto said:
I have a bell on my handlebars...that's what makes it fun. :p
I have a bell on my MTB, but not my CX bike. Maybe i should take the bell off the MTB, and put it on the CX bike to even things out? :lol:

·
veldrijder
1,083 Posts
The pain is what makes road riding fun for me. I am not able to create the same kind of burn in my legs on the mtb (though that could simply be since my technical ability won't allow it). There's nothing quite like finding the steepest grade around and grinding it out, or hammering into a stiff headwind in the drops.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Uh yeah, clearly I agree too (seeing as how my road bikes now outnumber my MTBs).
I love both, although I find the bulk of my mileage comes on the road. That's more because of time management though and not having the extra hours to drive to go to a ride. Hopefully the summer will change that though!

Congrats on the new road ride.

So who wants to do a group road ride then? Anyone up for Sunday night? 6ish????

·
dirt roadie
468 Posts
ddakin said:
I love both, although I find the bulk of my mileage comes on the road. That's more because of time management though and not having the extra hours to drive to go to a ride. Hopefully the summer will change that though!
I am putting more road miles in as well, as for me, it's the price of gas. Much cheaper to ride out my front door, or stop at the Welland Canal Trail on my way home from work than it is to drive out to St. Catharines for a MTB ride.
If it's not raining, I'm up for a Sunday ride, I have Monday off, but working Tuesday...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is that Tiagra?
Sounds expensive for a 2005?
Have fun on the road!
I ride more on the road now as its easier to make time for it.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
ddakin said:
I don't have slicks yet, but that just means that I would get a much better workout than everyone else. :) Right now, it looks like Sunday night would work well for me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Since there are some newer guys we'll keep the pace down around 40km-h ....JK

We'll keep it light and fun. I'm racing Saturday (Raccoon Rally Road & STXC) and then again Tuesday so I just want a recovery ride with the occasional Dakin Sprint Special ;)

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.