Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, here's my ride with a bunch of new parts! Its sick!

Frame: Banshee Scratch 12"
Fork: Manitou Gold Label 80mm
Wheels: Mavix EX729 rims on Formula and XT hubs.
Tires: Maxxis HolyRollers
Cranks: Odyssey Wombolts
Sprocket: United 28t (orange)
Pedals: Odyssey Cielincki (orange)
Chain: Shadow Interlock V2
Brake: Hayes HFX-9
Seat: Shadow Slim
Bars: Atomlab GI
Stem: Animal Jumpoff (orange)
Grips: Demolition Team

Orange Fly Bikes barends on the way. Wheels should be built in the next couple weeks. 24" Atomlab Pimps with eastern26 hub rear.

Attachments

· Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea its a pipecleaner, keeps the hubs sparkling! Yea I was debating waiting for deity cranks from my lbs, but they had wombolts in stock. I got thinking about it, and i decided to go with wombolts. Even if the shop had both in stock, I think i woulda took the wombolts anyways, I really dig their company, and the new design, plus i got a good deal.

· 40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
Yeah Wombolts are killer cranks. I prefer the Primo Hollowbites more because the Wombolts tend to loosen up a bit too much, or at least mine did

· Registered
1,068 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If austin powers had had one of these in International Man Of Mystery, he wouldn't of needed to take his shirt off to destroy the fembots.

· Registered
157 Posts
Is the new Gold Label 2 good? How does it feel like? I'm looking for a 100mm fork, light durable and stiff. DJs are too heavy and I don't have any info about Argyles yet.
Btw, even if you buy the 100mm version you're able to lower the fork to 80mm yourself right?

· I post too much.
6,444 Posts
K4m1k4z3 said:
Btw, even if you buy the 100mm version you're able to lower the fork to 80mm yourself right?
Not anymore or so I've heard. The argyles are nice, although I heard about some getting stuck down(air version). You can't really go wrong with either choice, although I don't like manitou too much.

· Registered
157 Posts
snaky69 said:
Not anymore or so I've heard. The argyles are nice, although I heard about some getting stuck down(air version). You can't really go wrong with either choice, although I don't like manitou too much.
The 80mm version is a bit more expensive I think $50 or so. It seems like "tuned" coz stock version is 100mm... Because of this I think it might be possible, but I dunno.
Well I think I don't want an air-based fork. I got interested in Gold Label 2 coz cummings said it's good fork and I heard quite good rumors about it. On the other hand I heard that Manitou has it's problems. It's hard to make up my mind :madman:

· mtbr remember
4,354 Posts
wow, I take a leave from the site for a bit, then shift blows up!
Nice ride cummings, came together very smoothly!

and Vinny, you had wombolts and they loosened up on you? seriously? are you thinking 41thermals? the wombolts are supposed to hold up tighter then other 3pc'ers with the 6side wedge and only 1 bolt..

heyhey 2000th post for me... damn.

· 40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
:lol:

I'm a tool sorry. Its been a while since I had the Odyessy cranks, so I saw Odyessy and thought oh they loosen up like a b!tch :madman:

It was the 41 thermals that loosened up like no other, despite my love for Odyessy I sold them quick and got Primo Hollowbites.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.