Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Nice job riding without helmets.

I am routinely pissed off by parents who allow their kids to ride without helmet. I am almost as annoyed by adults who set a poor example by putting helmets on their kids but not using a helmet themselves.

It's simple 90% of bicycling fatalities happen to people riding without helmets. Maybe your kid gets a head trauma and you have to explain to the EMT why he was riding around without a helmet. Or maybe you get incapacitated in front of your kid and he gets to figure out how to get help.

Either way, awesome! Keep it up!

I am sure whatever health insurance system we eventually get will be more than happy to take care of you at everyone else's expense.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice riding partners.

Dump the knukle heads and move you son up to #1 riding buddy. I'm sure he wouldn't flake.

In CA kids gotta where a helmet it's the Law I don't know about where you live though.

Everyone should be free to make their own choices in life.

I only started wearing a brain bucket about a year and a half ago. My son has had one for the last 7 years (all his life).

All opinions aside looks like a fun time with family which is #1 in life.

Ride on!

·
Birdman aka JMJ
1,081 Posts
My almost-3-year-old daughter just started riding her new 12" rigid steel SS (okay, it's a Schwinn Tigress), and she won't ride her bike unless the helmet is on. Same goes for riding with Dad on the LOCT/Superlight, because Dad always wears his helmet too.

Great to ride with your young'un, but please set a good example (that means no skidding too).

JMJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts