Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the build:
Frame: Pivot Mach 429 (small) Fox RP23 with Boost Valve
Fork: Fox F29 FIT RLC 15QR 120
Headset: Chris King inset
Stem: Thomson 70mm
Bars: Sunline V1 Carbon
Grips: Oury Lock On
Shifters: XTR Trigger
Brakes: Formula R1
Wheels: Chris King Front 15 QR/ Chris King Rear w/Fun Bolts, Sapim c-xray spokes, red ano. nips, on Stans Crest Rims
Tires: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Front 2.25/ Kenda Small Block 8 Rear 2.1
Post: Thomson Masterpiece
Seat: WTB Devo
Cranks: XTR 44/32/22
Front Deraileur: XTR e-type
Rear Deraileur: XTR Shadow
Cassette: XTR 11-34
Chain: XTR
Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy 4Ti
Weight: 26.38 lbs.
Tread Bike Shop in Campbell, California put this bad boy together!!:)
Shawn helped come up with the build and Ford wrenched it all together!!:thumbsup:
This bike rides so awesome!! The DW Link on this thing is awesome!! I set the rear suspension at the lowest setting and just pedal my ass off!! It just does its thing when going up and down mountains!! :D
 

Attachments

·
redefined
Joined
·
278 Posts
Beautiful. Awesome ride.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
One of the best looking 429's I've seen thus far....It just sits sooooooo perfect it's scary..And it looks CRAZY fast....................Enjoy.........CF.
 

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the R1s

turkish_sp said:
Lovely! How do you like R1s?
turkish, I run Formula The Ones on two other bikes and the R1s on this bike and my Niner One 9 rigid and absolutely love them!! For such a light brake set up they do their job very well!!:thumbsup:
 

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Missing Component!!

FoShizzle said:
definitely not top of the line...he does not even appear to have nice bar end slugs
Fo, I totally couldn't put my finger on it until you pointed it out!! The bar ends from Sunline have to make it on this Pivot and then it will be worthy!!
 

Attachments

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!!

CRAZY FRED said:
One of the best looking 429's I've seen thus far....It just sits sooooooo perfect it's scary..And it looks CRAZY fast....................Enjoy.........CF.
CF, Coming from you that mean a lot!!!:thumbsup: I always enjoy your reviews and input!!:thumbsup: I never thought of it as scary...but I guess it is!!:D Trained during the winter on a Niner One 9 rigid and now to this!! Feels funny because of sooo many gears and feels like a cadilac going through bumpy downhills!! :p
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
phatyres said:
Fo, I totally couldn't put my finger on it until you pointed it out!! The bar ends from Sunline have to make it on this Pivot and then it will be worthy!!
ok...you are forgiven :) Those are nice but i am a fan of Twenty6 gas caps



seriously, VERY VERY sweet bike so congrats!
 

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those Are Sweet!!

FoShizzle said:
ok...you are forgiven :) Those are nice but i am a fan of Twenty6 gas caps



seriously, VERY VERY sweet bike so congrats!
Fo, Ooooh me likey your bar ends more!!:thumbsup: Thanks again!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
phatyres said:
CF, Coming from you that mean a lot!!!:thumbsup: I always enjoy your reviews and input!!:thumbsup: I never thought of it as scary...but I guess it is!!:D Trained during the winter on a Niner One 9 rigid and now to this!! Feels funny because of sooo many gears and feels like a cadilac going through bumpy downhills!! :p
OK maybe "SCARY" was a tad much....there is just something about the way it looks, as if she's just ready to rock & roll....Again congrats and enjoy.......CF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Nicely done. This is the only full suspension bike that I have considered getting. And looking at this post is making me want one... But my baby's 529 takes priority right now.
 

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!!

41ants said:
Nicely done. This is the only full suspension bike that I have considered getting. And looking at this post is making me want one... But my baby's 529 takes priority right now.
41ants: I love your quiver of bikes!!:thumbsup: I'd like to build one more hardtail niner with gears...my wife will kill me tho!! Haha!! I love this bike!!
 

·
Ride Fast & Have Fun!
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
V1 Handlebars Recall only in Europe

longdrive55 said:
Nice bike. Tread are a good bunch of guys.

One word of warning though about the handlebars. I read somewhere on MTBR that there was a recall on Sunline's carbon bars. Don't know if these bars were part of the same lot, but thought I'd mention it.

EDIT: Here's the thread on the handlebars: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=566330&highlight=sunline+recall
longdrive55, Thanks for the head's up!! I actually looked into it and talked/emailed two distributors that confirmed the recall was only in Europe!! Phew!! I even sent a pic of mine and they confirmed that my bars were not a part of the "bad" batch!!:p
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top