Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Race-Face-Closes-the-Doors.html

Iconic Canadian brand RaceFace has closed it's doors. They made almost everything in house in Vancouver for slightly longer than I've been riding, and it has always filled me with native pride to use well designed, made-in-Canada products on every bike I've owned.

I am not opposed to made-somewhere else products, I have oodles of those too. Hell I sell them for a living. It just makes me immeasurably sad to lose this pioneer company, this bastion of Canadian, this longtime companion.

Sad.

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
i am truly saddened by this, having built several raceface bikes.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started this because it is a loss of passion, my passion... probably others too.

This is a big loss to the industry.

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
SSteel said:
I started this because it is a loss of passion, my passion... probably others too.

three years from now all bikes will be speciatrek with shisram components.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I kinda think this will get picked up by someone. The real shame is the manufacturing loss. That said if a smaller reputible company (like e.13/the Hive) wanted a quick expand. Raceface wouldn't be a bad brand to have

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
I really can't believe this, I've used RF for years, it was by far my favourite MTB brand out there offering consistently good service and products. Weirdly enough I've just this morning received my RF Tempest jacket and Turbine 70mm stem just last week.

I hope someone can step in a keep them going...

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
SSteel said:

Yea, I know, I wasn't trying to get you to post in those threads instead of this one, I just wanted to share the links so that you could see what other people were saying about it. No worries :thumbsup:

Hopefully someone will pick up the company and keep it going... does anyone have any confirmation on this from RF themselves? So far all I've heard have been reports... No one is saying anything on their official FB page yet either.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was all just buildup to one elaborate April Fools joke?

·
Underskilled
4,747 Posts
Dammit, so much for the buying Raceface Atlas because of the lifetime guarantee.

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Wow, bummer to be sure. Always liked their stuff. Seemed(?) like a stable company. But, I guess in today's world...?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
An insider posted (on another forum/site) that the closure was not related to sales as they were strong.

I hope that the name does not get whored out. I would rather see them drift into history's footnotes than end up like so many other brands: Syncros and Ritchey to name just two.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
SLOCanucker said:
Weird... they have a full two page cranks ad in this months MB Action mag too... :???:
adds are bought sometimes months in advance and the company submits copy later on.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts