Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say big thanks to all the people providing good info about Turners on this forum! Been lurking for awhile, have really enjoyed all the nice pictures of six-pack's and stuff.

Now I can finally post some 'pack pics of my own!

Guess it's a little bit heavier than the builds that have been posted. I like riding DH-tracks for fun, and some North shore type trails. As well as normal trails.

Will try a 5" Z1fr from my other bike for, trail-riding.

Parts:

Turner Six Pack frame. Size small.
Avalanche DHF TI FR 7" fork
Chris King NoThread set

Chris King Iso hubs
Mavic EX823 rims

Saint 8" Disc brakes
XT cranks, front derailleur and 8sp. shifters
Ultegra rear derailleur. XT 11-28 8sp. cassette

SDG Bel-Air saddle
Thomson elite seatpost
Raceface Diabolus 70mm stem (Soon Tomson 31.8 70mm)
Easton EA 70 handlebar (Soon 31.8)
Odi Intense Loc-on's with Brooklyn bar caps.
Shimano DX flat pedals

/Roger from Sweden.

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
Welcome to the Pack Club. You are now a member of a very limited & select group. We are a far more distinguished & refined brotherhood than those RFX has-beens and you should take great pride in knowing that your frame is the state-of-the-art Turner 6" offering.

Renegade, you got all that?

By the way...nice fork.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
That's a proper looking 6-pack! This is the first I've seen that's built for serious abuse. Where's the customary scratch in the frame? Isn't that a Sweedish tradition that you take a nail run it along a tube when it's first built? ;)

_MK

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe.. got some scratches on the chainstay bridge, from the front derailleur hitting under full compression! Other than that, I think I'll keep it looking fresh!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Welcome to the Pack Club. You are now a member of a very limited & select group. We are a far more distinguished & refined brotherhood than those RFX has-beens and you should take great pride in knowing that your frame is the state-of-the-art Turner 6" offering.

Renegade, you got all that?

By the way...nice fork.
Yes Squeaky, I heard you! Allthough I think our new brothers bike resembles mine more than it does yours! :D Flat pedals, big fork, heavier build .... yup, looks more like mine.
Gogge, you animal! Look at that beautifull fork! It probably costs more than my whole bike! The front end must feel a bit heavy; my conversion calculation comes out to 8.58 pounds. I bet it rides real nice. Congratulations, nice machine!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Best Sixer I've seen yet!

You'll be uprgading that shock, I hope. I think you'll be needing a Chubby or Woodie for that frame huh?

I've been wanting that fork for my RFX for a very long time. That thing is not much over 7 lbs. How do you like it?

·
Registered
380 Posts
gogge: for your front deraileur your should try to mount it higher, in the same place it would be with a third frint ring. that way it shift correctly and doesn't hit the chainstays.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I took the spring off the shock and cycled it though it's travel, to make sure it would clear before I took it out riding.

I also dremel'd a little bit off the bottom of the cage, so I can mount it low enough to clear the chain when sagged & running all gear combos!

Haven't done any serious riding on the fork, but so far it feels very nice! I had a DHS shock on the bb7 I had before. The fork has a very similar feel. FR valving in the fork, btw.

Have to get a stiffer spring for the fox, so I can try minimum boost valve pressure.
A ti spring chubbie would be optimal, but for some reason, all my money just disappeared... hmm... wonder where they went?! :rolleyes:

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
t66 said:
You'll be uprgading that shock, I hope. I think you'll be needing a Chubby or Woodie for that frame huh?

I've been wanting that fork for my RFX for a very long time. That thing is not much over 7 lbs. How do you like it?
T66, is that fork less than 7 pounds? Gogge says that it's 3.9 kilos. If I remember correctly, a kilo is 2.2 pounds, which would mean that fork is 8.58 pounds.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Renegade said:
T66, is that fork less than 7 pounds? Gogge says that it's 3.9 kilos. If I remember correctly, a kilo is 2.2 pounds, which would mean that fork is 8.58 pounds.
or you can just google "3.9kg to lbs" ;) But yeah, you're correct this time ;)

_MK

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
It's a cool and rare fork for sure, but for the price I think I'd have to get a DH40 instead.

Edit - weight from the Avalanche site 8.2 for Ti spring / single damper and 9.5 for steel springs / dual dampers

Great looking Pack gogge.

Renny - you know deep down you want one;)

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Sick ride, Roger! That's a super build. Personally my RFX has gained about 6lbs since I bought it. (whereas I have only gained 3) I expect many pack owners will also end up gravitating towards heavier builds as they explore the bikes potential. (not that there's anything wrong with lighter builds for trail riding)

Love the Michellins! I've been running michy DH 2.5's on my RFX, tubeless (comp 16+24). Burly enough for FR/DH, light enough for trail riding. By far my favorite tires that I have tried.

gogge said:
Just wanted to say big thanks to all the people providing good info about Turners on this forum! Been lurking for awhile, have really enjoyed all the nice pictures of six-pack's and stuff.

/Roger from Sweden.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SSINGA said:
It's a cool and rare fork for sure, but for the price I think I'd have to get a DH40 instead. I could not find any weight info on the Avalanche site to comfirm or denounce the weight claims. So, that means we have to go with what the owner of said fork claims.:)

Great looking Pack gogge.

Thanks!

The Avalanche site says 8.2lbs, but I think that's without the fork guards. Mine was about 3900g complete, uncut steerer and all.

The DH 40 looks like a awesome fork! But it's a brand new model, and I have had great experience with Avy, before. Plus, they had a spring sale! :)

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
SSINGA said:
It's a cool and rare fork for sure,

It's a gorgeous piece of art! There's not much that feels better than a big dh fork in good working condition. But I need to get mine lighter, not heavier!
My lighter fork will be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FM said:
Sick ride, Roger! That's a super build. Personally my RFX has gained about 6lbs since I bought it. (whereas I have only gained 3) I expect many pack owners will also end up gravitating towards heavier builds as they explore the bikes potential. (not that there's anything wrong with lighter builds for trail riding)

Love the Michellins! I've been running michy DH 2.5's on my RFX, tubeless (comp 16+24). Burly enough for FR/DH, light enough for trail riding. By far my favorite tires that I have tried.
Thanks!
I run comp24 rear & 32's up front, the last two seasons of downhilling. They work perfect on UST rims!

The new grey All Mountain tire is really nice for trailriding. Rolls much faster than the soft DH rubber!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.