Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may recognize the frame from "what projects are you working on" thread.

It is a 94 Grove X, with the Hot Rod cranks and Hot Head bar/stem combo. I have been lucky enought to find NOS XT; pedals, hubs, brake levers, and seatpost. Rims are NOS Mavic 117's, As for the tires, i went with Specialized Storm Conrtols because my hero Veloculture has them on his X.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
J Ro said:
You may recognize the frame from "what projects are you working on" thread.

It is a 94 Grove X, with the Hot Rod cranks and Hot Head bar/stem combo. I have been lucky enought to find NOS XT; pedals, hubs, brake levers, and seatpost. Rims are NOS Mavic 117's, As for the tires, i went with Specialized Storm Conrtols because my hero Veloculture has them on his X.
The resto came out looking great!

Everything matching up nice.

Brand spankin' new rear derailleur with the dirty cassette!? :confused:

When's the maiden voyage?

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had it out a little.

Rumpfy said:
The resto came out looking great!

Everything matching up nice.

Brand spankin' new rear derailleur with the dirty cassette!? :confused:

When's the maiden voyage?
Thanks!

Yes, i need a few more pieces, an NOS XT cassette, and i'd like to find a nicer Turbo saddle.

It is surprisingly snappy for such a heavy bike. It's heavy in good way though. The kinda heavy where you feel indestructable. I know i'm on it, and not on the Bonty Racelite of the Yo Eddy.

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That will happen soon

WTB-rider said:
J,

Our X's must meet. Wait, that's got a strange sound to it :eek:

I'm jealous, you've got the 2 features I wish I had, Hot Rods and a chainstay brake.
Hopefully :) Is anyone else interested in a VRC gathering in the Philly area?

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
Jeff did you receive the stuff in the mail?

Jeff,
Did the EWR stuff arrive OK in the mail? Thought I'd ask being that this was a Grove thread. Hope that you enjoyed it!
Eric

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Grove

Eric
The copies came through fine....thanks. It was so hectic around Christmas, I didn't get a chance to thank you.

Mike has pictures of the "clown" frame and has pictures of the Hard Core from the previous owner. I'll give him a shout and let gim know that he can update the pictures now. He also have pictures of our X and Woods bike on his site. Mike has been a great wealth of info on all things Grove.

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for reminding me

WTB-rider said:
Jeff,

Did you send some pics to Mike Hermann for posting on his site? purplelizard.com
Mine's there along with a load of other Groves.
He only has pics of the frame. I'll send them to him ASAP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.