Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost finished. Need to put on a fresh rim up front and cut the steer tube/remove stemlock and purchase a qr post clamp.

I´ll try the Lyrik out for now since the Sektor coil and Lyrik solo air weigh about the same and share the same AC. I like the feel of the Lyrik more. Stiffer and better damping.

Its about 30.4lbs or 13.7kg with theese hefty components and extra spacers/stem lock.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
That looks great. And I'm sure the Lyrik performs better, I prefer the look of the white Sektor with the red bits and the frame. Either way, sick hardtail there.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
beefy. that weighs more than my 6" fully.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you all like it

Its a heavy build yepp. All the parts are from my old FR/DH bike. In the future a lighter setup will most likely evolve. Thinking of running a single ring up front with the new Alfine 11sp rear. So new wheels, no HS and a lighter fork would shave alot of weight.

The 2350 rims are about 600g, not that bad. And the tyres are pretty light aswell, just big volume.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Hammerschmidt

No issues with the Hammerschmidt cable routing?

Also, did you have to face the ISCG tabs or anything else for that matter?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eauxgod said:
No issues with the Hammerschmidt cable routing?

Also, did you have to face the ISCG tabs or anything else for that matter?

Thanks
Didnt face the tabs, but the routing could be better. Had to be a bit inventive with the zipties.

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
How does the TI feel in comparison to a steel frame (if you have ever ridden one)? I have a steel frame and it feels so much better than an AL frame. I would get TI if I knew it felt the same as steel but didn't rust.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I´ve had an Evil Sovereign - first version with the expensive tubing, but since then been riding FS freeride and downhill bikes and then been mostly of the bike for almost 2 yrs beacause of injury.
The new 456ti frame is my comeback and I must say feels pretty stiff compared to my memory of the Sovereign, but it was a while back now so... my rear is used to the plushness of a Marin Quake for AM riding so a HT is kind of a shock for the old daeiraiooorr. The 456 has yet to be fully tested. I´ll get back in a week or so about the ride quality. Need to get used to the hardtail thing and decide on witch fork/stem to run on it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nice! Did u run a 10x135 thru axle rear?

I've got my 456 Ti frame couple of days back...now just waiting for the parts to arrival...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cycad said:
Nice! Did u run a 10x135 thru axle rear?

I've got my 456 Ti frame couple of days back...now just waiting for the parts to arrival...
Just an ordinary qr axle; Token titanium I found for cheap. I´m guessing you asked beacause of the rear hub? It was 12x135 originally but I converted them to 9x135.

For you guys n´ gals selecting components for you 456 or other frame with the same headtube internal upper cup and external 1.5" lower I´ve heard that you can fit a straight 1.5" fork. Just fyi so maybe you can get a deal on a 1.5" fork wich are being sold dirt cheap sometimes. Just buy a 1.5" headset that fits a 44mm upper and 1.5" lower. Wich I knew this before buying my fork. Double check this info before doing anything crazy with your money though.

And regarding the steel vs titanium question I forgot to mention that what matters more than material for feel is the way the frame is constructred and what type of titanium/steel is used, thickness of tubing and so on. The variables are endles so there is no real answer. You can only compare one frame to another. A titanium frame can feel like poo just like an alu frame can feel great. And then theres the human factor and most objective thing called personal liking. What I like in a frame doesnt mean you will to, I can only try to describe it from my limited experience.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Matsnork said:
For you guys n´ gals selecting components for you 456 or other frame with the same headtube internal upper cup and external 1.5" lower I´ve heard that you can fit a straight 1.5" fork. Just fyi so maybe you can get a deal on a 1.5" fork wich are being sold dirt cheap sometimes. Just buy a 1.5" headset that fits a 44mm upper and 1.5" lower. Wich I knew this before buying my fork. Double check this info before doing anything crazy with your money though.
possible yes, but youd need to do some funky things with a headset. you need a regular (i think internal) 1.5 lower cup. but on top you would need a nuke proof external cup that makes 44 zs accept a 1.5 steerer. as far as i know you can only buy the complete nuke proof head set which is like $100 and then your looking at another $50 for the lower cup.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Who sells Token skewers in the US?

Nice bike btw.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts