DKG Flip Lock seat clamp
Thomson Elite seatpost

[Wheels]
Mavic EX721 rims
Hope Hoops Pro2 hubs, 20mm front, QR rear
Sapim Race spokes, brass nipples
Shimano XT M770 rear QR skewer
2.4" Michelin Wild grip'R tires front and rear

Weight is 32.3 lbs, not bad considering the Pike and bombproof wheelset.

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
My Blue Pig should be quite similar to the weight of this, if not heavier :( I've got hussefelt seatpost, crankset and handlebars so it will be a beast, but a heavy one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cost

A portion of my build came from my other decommissioned hardtail.

Purchased:
20" 456 frame
FSA V-Drive SS crank
Sram x9 shifter, derailer, and cassette
Easton Havoc bars, stem, and post
Cane Creek Tank Hit headset
Crank Brothers Candy X pedals

.... around $850

Also looking to replace my Fox F100 RL with a Float RLC

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice work, both of you.

Hey eurospek- I notice tape covering all the holes in the rear triangle. Is this in lieu of some sort of rust-proofing treatment? Also curious if you got your bb faced.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flats said:
Nice work, both of you.

Hey eurospek- I notice tape covering all the holes in the rear triangle. Is this in lieu of some sort of rust-proofing treatment? Also curious if you got your bb faced.
Correct, tape was covering all the holes, the LBS did the Frame Saver treatment, I should have taken off the tape for the pic. I was just too excited.It's off now. :D

The BB was faced, along with the headtube, and the rear der. hanger had to be chased and the ISCG tabs as well, paint on the threads. Also the rear brake mount was faced as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Nice, finally got her together! Here's mine weighing in at IIRC about 28.9 pounds or something like that, haven't been riding it a ton but it just started raining again so I'll be back on it. My favorite thing about it is that you can ride it like a full suspension AM bike, just a lot bumpier :)

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Yody said:
Nice, finally got her together! Here's mine weighing in at IIRC about 28.9 pounds or something like that, haven't been riding it a ton but it just started raining again so I'll be back on it. My favorite thing about it is that you can ride it like a full suspension AM bike, just a lot bumpier :)

any particular reason you run you gd backwards?

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before bedding in the new pads and burning in the rotors, I ordered a Shimano RT-75 203mm front rotor and the proper adapter. Better to have more braking power than less. Plus 203/180 rotor setup looks better aesthetically.

Also the stock Pike medium spring is way too soft, I only rode this bike in the driveway so far and it dives, a lot. Pike X-Firm spring on the way as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
awesome bike! that is exactly the kind of bike i had in mind when i started looking around for a rigid frame. on one is having a sick sale right now. i orderd a frame forks and some bars from them sadly shipping was around 90 dollars =(... but over all it was still a great deal.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.