Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am building my 3rd set of Asymetric Nexties.

One suggestion is use the Squorx or Hex nipples and a driver from the rim bed to do the initial torque up of the nipples. Everything goes much nicer and you wont muck up the exterior nipples as you get it to roughly true and round.
I use the 38mm Wide Asym with Enduro layup as I am over #260.
If you use Chris King hubs you will likely end up with uniform spoke lengths for front and rear. On my 29's I am building now Boost Rear/20mmLDFront both wheels came out identical spoke lengths front and rear!! How cool is that?
I am super happy with these rims.
I checked R2, and they now have squorx nipples in black which is fine by me.---But squorx is gonna require longer spokes right?That's clearly 2mm extra on top the way I see it.

By the way, the spoke lengths I used had like 1.5-2mm differences in length.
Bitex front hub at least(boost) right flange PCD is smaller than on the disc side.If they made it the same I could have the spoke length in one length.Don't know why they design some hubs this way. Good that You have all the spoke lengths the same! but I can't afford CK hubs LOL!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Quick update:

still loving the nextie wheels (see above post for details)

tire mounting is so easy with a floor pump and soapy water. Very easy. no burping.

the seem really tough under my 195lbs (geared up) lard butt, even through rock gardens. They spin up fast staying true also.

more later

81 - 82 of 82 Posts