Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting a new bike this spring and had been pondering which brakes to put on it. I've only had one bike with discs, my '07 Trek EX-9, with Juicy 7's and they were a bit of a nightmare with noise and vibration, pump at the levers, etc. But when they're working well, they work great! I have just over a thousand miles on them, and while I wouldn't buy another pair, I feel as though I can live with them.

I thought hard on the BB7's, cause they are so well reviewed and I felt as though with cables rather than fluid it would be easier to work on them myself. But I ended up going with a set of Elixir R's instead. They aren't that much more money than the BB's and I like the new lever design. I'm REALLY hoping they'll be a bit less trouble than my Juicy's were!

Next bike, I think I'm going with Shimano brakes--I like the Servo-Wave concept. I hope I don't end up wishing I'd done so on this bike! ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wouldn't buy new brakes. Yours are good brakes, probably badly adjusted. 1000 miles is nothing for those brakes.
You should probably check or replace the brake pads, and bleed them. And possibly allign them correctly.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leoh said:
I wouldn't buy new brakes. Yours are good brakes, probably badly adjusted. 1000 miles is nothing for those brakes.
You should probably check or replace the brake pads, and bleed them. And possibly allign them correctly.
Oh, the Elixirs are for my new bike--the Juicys will stay on the Trek. Most of the troubles I had with the Juicys was right after I bought it, and are largely resolved now...though they got a little squawky/grabby riding in the snow recently! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.