Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its hard to get a bike for free unless your an exceptional rider or have very nice friends and family, well heres my way, About a month ago i saw an okayish bike unlockedin the middle of the city i work in (leeds yorks uk) and 3 days later it was still there i was amazed it haddnt being knicked again as im sure this is someones pride and joy as i didnt want to steal it i went to the local police station and handed it in, 28 days later as no one had claimed it she is now mine, although this is going to act as a replacement for the good lady,

the bike is a Marin can anyone identify the model/year would be appreciated.
it has rear air shock and manitou forks on the front not sure of model of these either are a lil loose but still nice and plush the rear deralier is an lx and hub also is an lx laced on to a mavic rim which i have now noticed has a few cracks in near about five of the nipples, the front wheel is fairly cheep but it has an eyelited mavic rim so this will be going on the rear hub and the front wheel replaced with a disc compatible one and then a cheep disc brake fitted, will keep a v brake on the back as if set up right it will be all the good lady needs,the stem has being threaded and needs replacing but everything else is in good order just very oily and mucky its had a clean and now looks a lil better
the bike is ridable but not too safe..

·
Ricky DH
2,230 Posts
How the heck do you even down-load a photo that big on MTBR.com? I've noticed lately that people have been geting SUPER LARGE pixs like tis on their threads. I don't get it??

Any way, glad to hear you scored a free bike. Granted I never got to see it because it was so big it never fully materialized on my screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.