Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting since last Thursday for this package to get here...periodically checking Fedex's delivery site to see if they were a little extra ambitious and decided to bring my new frame earlier than the set delivery date(unfortunately no)...but finally it arrived today and my wife calls it my new wife...She said that she would be fine with the couch for a couple days if needed but I told her that would not be necessary...

My potential build for the bike is:

Frame: '09 El Guapo (M) Green
Fork: '10 Talas 36 RC2
Shock: RP23 HV
Wheels: DT Swiss E540
Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.35
RD: SRAM X9
Shifters: SRAM X9 Triggers
Cranks: Race Face
Brakes: Shimano XT 180 (F) 160 (R)
Handlebars: Easton Monkeylite DH
Seatpost: 4" Gravity Dropper
Saddle: Selle Italia

The build will be taking a little while (to gather more parts) so keep a look out for more pictures...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,674 Posts
bgurr85 said:
Nice bike, and I'm sorry to be a buzz-kill, but it always strikes me as disingenuous/irritating when companies put a big "USA" on the box when it's an imported item...especially, when the company is historically known as a domestic mfr. and maybe would like to let, or even encourage, some people continue to think that.

Sorry, rant over. Nice bike, hope you enjoy it.

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
yep....

steadite said:
it always strikes me as disingenuous/irritating when companies put a big "USA" on the box.....
...And I hate it when they put a big AZ after the city Tempe!!!!! Oh wait...Tempe is in AZ.....

Nice bike Bryce....now...can I have my Motolite back?????

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
steadite said:
Nice bike, and I'm sorry to be a buzz-kill, but it always strikes me as disingenuous/irritating when companies put a big "USA" on the box when it's an imported item...especially, when the company is historically known as a domestic mfr. and maybe would like to let, or even encourage, some people continue to think that.

Titus is located in the USA. Also, that could have originally been a ML/FTM/X bike box. Most all of those are made in the USA.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
It wasnt boxed in taiwan

steadite said:

The frame was assembled and shipped from the "USA" so there is no intention to make you believe otherwise.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Betarad said:
You think you're excited now.....just wait for your first ride!

Here's your bike's brethren, all grown up. They might have been sitting side by side on the shelf at Jensen for a while.

Happy trails.
Wow! That's a seatpost! On another note, when I go to Maui this summer do you reccommend riding with the boys and thier 8" Stinkys on the volcano? Or something different?

p.s. Nice bike! :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
craigstr said:
How tall are you?
Yeah, I get that a lot:D Characterzero hit it right on the money...I'm impressed. 6' 4" it is.

I only wish the EG were available in XL, then I'd definitely go with a gravity dropper post. As it is, I need the setback, and I have the height set to optimize the climbs.

·
Registered
“…I can’t even parallel park!”
92 Posts
Funny about "Made in .....". During the manufacturing/building process, an item can go from country to country. How they determine where an item is said to have been made is it had to have the most impact on the item's cost. For example Cost on a $2,000 bike:

1. Frame made in China - $500
2. Frame sent to Taiwain to get painted, decals installed, BB threaded, and derailleur hangers installed- $400
2. Frame sent to Spain and high end parts installed, and put in a box for shipment - $1,100.

Quiz, where is it "Made"?..... IN SPAIN! It should say "Made in Several Countries"

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
That's a good-lookin' kid in that pic. (Must come from genes from his mother's side...)

The look on his face reminds me of that Toyota commercial. (The one at the carwash where the kid's in the back seat with his feet propped up...)

I think Benson thinks he's going to inherit the green monster if his dad can just take good care of it....

·
At Work
1,842 Posts
steadite said:

Sorry to bust your bubble, but TITUS is a company based in the USA. Would you rather TITUS move overseas.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
awesome pic

bgurr85 said:
He is almost excited as me to start working on my bike...

Hope Jenson still has some larges left when I finally make my decision. I'm not worried about the taiwan ish, if it can keep the msrp down I'm all for it. Need to try a demo and pick between the endorphin. It's gonna be hard..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.