Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my new Waltworks. It was kinda stressful waiting for it in the final 3 weeks, as it got stuck in customs from the US to Canada for over 2 weeks!! All tracking numbers went silent, but thankfully it finally turned up last week unharmed.

This is my first attempt at a real SS. It started out as a "budget" build, but ended up anything but budget - Oh well.

Frame: Waltworks 26er
Fork - Reba WC
Wheels - stans rims dt swiss 240s, revos
tires - stan-a-sized pythons
brakes - marta sl's
crank - middleburn RS-8
BB - phil wood square taper
pedals - speedplay frogs
stem - Ritchy WCS
bar - race race next low rise
cog - boone 17t
saddle - SLR
post - thompson masterpiece
headset - CK

Total weight comes in at 19.2 pounds.
I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, as the temps hear in Ottawa are -20deg.

This thing should climb like a goat - I can't wait for the season to start!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
Overkill said:
This is my first attempt at a real SS. It started out as a "budget" build, but ended up anything but budget - Oh well.

Frame: Waltworks 26er
Fork - Reba WC
Wheels - stans rims dt swiss 240s, revos
tires - stan-a-sized pythons
brakes - marta sl's
crank - middleburn RS-8
BB - phil wood square taper
pedals - speedplay frogs
stem - Ritchy WCS
bar - race race next low rise
cog - boone 17t
saddle - SLR
post - thompson masterpiece
headset - CK

Total weight comes in at 19.2 pounds.
I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, as the temps hear in Ottawa are -20deg.

This thing should climb like a goat - I can't wait for the season to start!!!!!!
Middleburn, Phil Wood and Boone, that is quite a budget.

BTW I used to live in Ottawa. Now I am in San Antone. Sorry about your weather.

I had a nice ride yesterday, sunny with 55F ~13C

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got it together, so the hoses will be cut after I have got all my bike-fit adjustments out of the way. I do hate the look of long hoses too.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
color

durkind said:
Metallic silver? I have a Walt about to be built and want some type of metallic.
I asked for silver and that is what I got. I really like it. I didn't want anything too flashy, so I just went the classic route.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Overkill said:
Well I finally got my new Waltworks. It was kinda stressful waiting for it in the final 3 weeks, as it got stuck in customs from the US to Canada for over 2 weeks!! All tracking numbers went silent, but thankfully it finally turned up last week unharmed.

I'm currently in progress.

It looks like your Pop-lock remote is on backwards. While you may have tried it and liked it the way it is, normally it'd go on the left grip with the release button more or less facing you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
nice ride, but.... what's that little thingy hangin' off your right rear dropout? It looks like it's gotta threaded hole in it..... THAT doesn't belong on a SS!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks

anotherbrian said:
I'm currently in progress.

It looks like your Pop-lock remote is on backwards. While you may have tried it and liked it the way it is, normally it'd go on the left grip with the release button more or less facing you.
I wasn't exacting sure the best place to put it. I just kinda slapped it on for the time being. It's actually quite ugly and clutters up the bar a bit - oh well substance over form. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

marinrider said:
nice ride, but.... what's that little thingy hangin' off your right rear dropout? It looks like it's gotta threaded hole in it..... THAT doesn't belong on a SS!
LOL! I was waiting for someone to bash me for that. I want the option of running 1x9 for a couple of races this year - we'll see. This thing is so dam light compared to my geared FS though; it may never see gears. I just wanted to keep my options open. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.