Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
hitek79 said:
So again, lets see what you have to offer. Teach me. You have yet to tell me anything that will help improve my videos.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Here is what I have posted that will help improve your videos:

"The fact is that the kind of b-roll footage that you used is uninteresting/wears thin for most viewers after the first couple of videos of that type.

It doesn't resonate with people because it's an awkward point of view. How many times have you been riding along with your head 4" off the ground?

Look at quality MTB videos, auto videos, ski videos, wakeboarding videos, Moto videos, street bike videos, etc, etc. and then think about how many of them use the type of b roll pov that you used, for your entire video."

If it would help you understand, I probably could figure out a way to post that in crayon.

Just let me know.

·
Banned
46 Posts
hitek79 said:
So come on, post a video of yours. Let's see what quality is.
Why are you afraid to answer such a simple question?

So did I tell you something that will help improve your videos?

If you grow some balls and answer my simple question I'll post up a video.

Pretty simple, eh?

·
Banned
46 Posts
hitek79 said:
No, you did not. Post a video so I can see.
That's hilarious. Ok, you're just mighty confused then.

Here's what I have posted that will help improve your videos, one last time:

"The fact is that the kind of b-roll footage that you used is uninteresting/wears thin for most viewers after the first couple of videos of that type.

It doesn't resonate with people because it's an awkward point of view. How many times have you been riding along with your head 4" off the ground?

Look at quality MTB videos, auto videos, ski videos, wakeboarding videos, Moto videos, street bike videos, etc, etc. and then think about how many of them use the type of b roll pov that you used, for your entire video."

Here's your cookie for finding the courage to answer the question:

http://www.petefagerlin.com/video/sedona.wmv

·
Banned
46 Posts
hitek79 said:
LOL!!!!

You are a troll. I knew it. What happened to the last 2 handles you had?????
Nope, not a troll. That's the weak defense of folks like yourself who get bent out of shape when they don't get the type of feedback that they expect. You get extra points for all of the

As far as "handles" go, you'll have to take that up with the fragile folks who whine to the equally weak folks like Gregg or Francis. It's really funny, for reasons that you wouldn't understand.

The simple fact is that I posted a helpful critique, which is what you claim to have been looking for ('People that make helpful critiques are teaching me.").

It's too bad that you're apparently too insecure to actually learn from a helpful critique.

·
Banned
46 Posts
hitek79 said:
Oh yeah, and that video was average, at best.
If that makes you feel better, I'm happy for you.

Really. And truly.

I don't need any kind of validation from some insecure newb who thinks that the ant's-eye video view is da bomb...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
:)

You showed your true colors. That's all that really matters here. Good luck not getting booted again. Maybe it has more to do with you, than the other people here. Don't reflect on that too much though.

·
Banned
46 Posts
hitek79 said:
You showed your true colors. That's all that really matters here.
Yeah, I provided feedback, as you have asked for in the past.

This time your panties got extremely bunched.

The last time, you thanked me.

Maybe it has more to do with you, than with me. Don't reflect on that too much though.

p.s. getting "booted" doesn't matter in the least. It's actually very funny, in ways that you wouldn't be expected to understand.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwKaeWkYbqk

I've been accused of putting b-roll footage up here before. I totally understand that if I were making a professional mountain bike video that was 20 minutes or more in length, that someone may tire of some of my camera angles. Actually, I really don't care to make a video that long.

Personally, I like seeing a 1-2 minute chainstay mount or other creative mount video especially if the trail is interesting. Getting the camera that close to the ground really does pick up some interesting trail detail.

I don't take myself too seriously, this is just fun for me. I love seeing new videos. If anyone on this site has some footage that they are excited about, post it! I enjoy watching them.

The only videos I don't personally like are straight helmet cam footage where there is no helmet visor and no part of the bike in view. Even if the helmet cam is following another rider, unless that rider is of the opposite sex, it's not interesting to me.

That's just my take,

Bri

·
Registered
236 Posts
I stopped reading about half way down cause that dude is a true dick and should be banned.. Anyway, I loved the video and was wondering what kind of pedals your using? Looks like you had to put a foot down and got out of them really quick.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts